PDA

View Full Version : Is this as big a butcher job as it looks?

rivered
04-09-2004, 01:57 AM
How should I have played the hand below differently. Obviously I should have folded on the turn but do you think I should bet out after the flop and turn or not? Perhaps I should have mucked to begin with but I'm more interested in some thoughts about the post flop play.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

He has AJ and takes the pot.

scrub
04-09-2004, 02:07 AM
You should fold this preflop if you are going to get yourself in trouble when you hit the board with less than two pair.

Stabbing at pots that aren't for sale out of position sucks. Making it to showdown sucks even more.

scrub

Inthacup
04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
vs. 2 opponents in a raised pot, I would fold this in the BB. With more players, the call is fine.

Betting into a raised pot with that board gonna get you nowhere. I would check-fold on the flop. The call of MP3's turn raise is very bad.

I'd have to say yes, it is as big a butcher job as it looks.

Cup