PDA

View Full Version : Advice on this one?

mmanne
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

<font color="green"> No notes on the guy in question ... Please let me have it on all streets. I'll try and go through my logic, please tear it apart </font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.
<font color="green"> Generally, I don't cap with Aces with just one other opponent that I know nothing about. </font>
Flop: (7.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.
<font color="green"> I thought his 3-bet meant one of four hands (assuming he wasn't super aggressive): the other 2 aces, KK, JJ or AK. The chance of AK vs the rest is about 50/50, and I decided at this point calling down (unless I catch an A or a straight) would win me the most if I was ahead, and lose me the least if I was behind. </font>
Turn: (6.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.70 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
CO shows Ad Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.70 BB. </font>

Guido
04-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Preflop: Ok I understand that.
Flop: I would bet out and 3-bet
Turn: I would bet out again and call a raise
River: when he doesn't raise the turn I would bet out again

He 3-bets preflop which means he has a strong hand. How strong you don't know but I think you get more information by betting out on the flop then by check-raising. Why do you check-raise by the way? Do you want him to fold? Also when he would cap your 3-bet (when you bet out) you know he has a big hand and you can call him down. Now you have no idea where you stand and just call him down. I would still probably bet the turn again and call him down when he raises. I think you played this hand a bit too weak after the flop. Just bet out on the flop, this makes it easier to play.

Good luck,

Guido

Haupt_234
04-08-2004, 09:00 PM
You played this hand too soft/weak from the start.

The only point in not capping the flop is for deception purposes (which you should rarely try), in which case you should cap the flop. You did neither of these and lost bets as a result.

Be more aggressive with AA, especially HU.

Haupt_234

MarkD
04-08-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't like any street, except possibly pre-flop and I don't like that a ton.

Flop: As has been said just bet out and then 3-bet. Since you check/raised I think you should cap. What hand do you put him on? Certainly AK can not be eliminated from his possible holdings at this point. Myself, and many other players, would be very likely to have exactly AK here and no other hand.

If your opponent really had KK or JJ then when you checkraise him on the flop I would estimate 90-95% of typically opponents will just smooth call you and raise you on the turn. His 3-bet screamed AK to me.

Changing your flop and pre-flop on this hand completely changes how the turn and river will play out.

asdf1234
04-08-2004, 11:02 PM
You probably should have popped him on a big street somewhere.