PDA

View Full Version : Hand from the 2+table...bad river 3-bet?

sfer
04-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Let the beatings commence.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

JSD
04-09-2004, 01:03 AM
I was villian in this hand. As I said at the table, I only called pre-flop because I thought you were on a steal. When you raised the turn, I figured you had either had a king or an ace. I think I would have 3-bet the turn without the potential straight on the board. When I check-raised the river, I think you can rule out me having just a Queen. Out of curiousity, do you remember what you put me on??

umdpoker
04-09-2004, 01:07 AM
pardon me if i'm a little bit weak, but aint no way in hell i would ever 3-bet that river. i wonder what the +ev play is here.

sfer
04-09-2004, 01:18 AM
I thought we were chopping. The problem, in retrospect, is that it's plainly obvious that I have a K, so the river checkraise screams, Screams, SCREAMS, SCREAMS! I can beat Broadway. Just calling is best.

sfer
04-09-2004, 01:18 AM
BB shows Ts Jh (full house, tens full of jacks).
Hero shows Kc Kd (straight, ace high).

JSD was the villain. Bad river 3-bet, I think. My thoughts are in my response to JSD.

Zetack
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
I guess you've already hashed it out below...but between the turn and the river your opponent gets more aggressive. What changed? Well the ten didn't give him a straight, so if it helped him its either a flush or a boat....and I don't buy the river raise as a bluff because he has to know you'll at least call him down in this size of a pot.

So I don't put in a three bet.

--Zetack

cold_cash
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
I don't think the bet was all that bad.

I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibilites that JSD had a hand like QK or KJ here. (Though it's unlikely, since you have KK, it's still possible.)

I thought for sure you guys were going to chop this one. (This alone might be a case for just calling though, since I don't think he would call with a hand that you could beat outright. In other words, if he calls you're probably chopping; if he raises, well...)

GuyOnTilt
04-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey,

Yes, your 3-bet on the river was not very good. But the bigger mistake in this hand was made by your opponent, who should not have bet the turn.

GoT

JSD
04-09-2004, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, your 3-bet on the river was not very good. But the bigger mistake in this hand was made by your opponent, who should not have bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would a check/call have been better?

GuyOnTilt
04-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Would a check/call have been better?

Infinitely.

GoT