PDA

View Full Version : That idiot cost me the pot

callingstation
04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
party 2/4, pretty tight except one idiot who come in with anything and call almost everything down with as little as Ace high.

I was in UTG with A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
I limp(I limp because I want to be called by worse Ace, if I raise, I would probably drive out ATs, AJs,etc.)
UTG+1 limp(weak tight), idiot in middle position calls, SB completes, BB check

flop:8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to me, I bet(I am pretty sure MP(the idiot) will call), UTG+1 calls, MP calls, blinds folds

turn:8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, UTG+1 calls, MP raise(I see him bluff bet before, but he rarely raise),
I fold, UTG+1 calls,

river: blank
check, check /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

UTG+1 showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, MP mucked

Now I figured why I just break even(actually down several BB in 2/4) after 2,700hands. Did I fold too many hands that I shouldn't like this one?

Another hand
UTG with TT, open raise, MP calls, BB calls, (both loose player, no other read)

flop:3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB check, I bet, all call

turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bet, all fold(bad fold?)

Comments?

bisonbison
04-08-2004, 07:31 PM
That idiot cost me the pot

You're responsible for checking, betting, raising and folding your own cards. That's the difference between poker and kindergarten.

Tosh
04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
I am appalled by this post. You misplay both hands and post calling someone an idiot. Whatsmore if he plays badly he is a bad player not an idiot. This is a horrible attitude.

TheRake
04-08-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I limp(I limp because I want to be called by worse Ace, if I raise, I would probably drive out ATs, AJs,etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You reap what you sew.

[ QUOTE ]
MP raise(I see him bluff bet before, but he rarely raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he had a better read on you than you had on him.

Deception is a part of poker. You should be prepared to be walked on if it is a problem for you.

Sorry if this is blunt, but it doesn't help to tell you not to worry about it....your fold was terrible.

TheRake

ddubois
04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You reap what you sew.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense I hope...

reap
1 a (1) : to cut with a sickle, scythe, or reaping machine (2) : to clear of a crop by reaping b : to gather by reaping : HARVEST

sew
1 : to unite or fasten by stitches
2 : to close or enclose by sewing <sew the money in a bag>
intransitive senses : to practice or engage in sewing

sow
1 : to plant seed for growth especially by scattering
2 : to set something in motion : begin an enterprise
transitive senses
1 a : to scatter (as seed) upon the earth for growth; broadly : PLANT 1a b : to strew with or as if with seed c : to introduce into a selected environment : IMPLANT
2 : to set in motion : FOMENT <sow suspicion>
3 : to spread abroad : DISPERSE

chesspain
04-08-2004, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Professor, how about a nice game of chess?

TheRake
04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
It's just one little letter /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No offense taken /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheRake

Tosh
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Just to add that 1 person and 1 person only cost you this pot; you.

Trix
04-08-2004, 08:57 PM
No comments.

DrewOnTilt
04-09-2004, 01:24 AM
CS - other posters here have been rightly blunt with you. I hope you don't take offense, but you did several things wrong. Learn from them.

On the first hand:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a premium raising hand. Yes, you will probably drive out ATs. You will also probably drive out 88, 77, and other pocket pairs that are ahead of you at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
turn:8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, UTG+1 calls, MP raise(I see him bluff bet before, but he rarely raise),
I fold, UTG+1 calls,

[/ QUOTE ]
You have two pair with a good kicker, and you are against a guy who you have observed "call almost everything down with as little as Ace high." Plus, there is an ace on the board, and many low-limit fish will call preflop with any ace. You could've justified a call on the turn, then check and call the river.

The second hand:
[ QUOTE ]
turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bet, all fold(bad fold?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Call and see what the river brings. BB could have a 4-flush and be on a semi-bluff.

umdpoker
04-09-2004, 02:33 AM
wow. those are some terrible folds. when i am 3-bet, i start to worry. getting raised on the turn happens so often that it will cost you a lot of money if you fold every time it happens. i just moved back down to .5/1 for a couple days to relax, and i swear i can make more money here than 2/4. thats right, not bb, but money! these hands are an example of why. people will bluff or think they are value betting when they spike that 2nd pair on the turn. here is an example of when i folded a winning hand, and i really thought these people were idiots when their hands were shown. however, i now think they might have had me pegged as a folder, as i had not been dealt many playable hands at this point.

i am dealt kk in sb (suits don't matter in this hand)

3 people call, sb folds(damn), i raise, all call.

flop comes: 4 j 8 rainbow

hero bets, number1 raises(1.00), number2 calls(1.00), number3 raises(1.50), hero caps(2.00), all call

turn is 4

hero bets(1), number1 raises(2), number2 raises(3), number3 calls(3), hero folds!!!!!, number1 raises(4), number2 calls, number3 calls

the rest of the hand doesn't matter, except for their hands.
number1: j8
number2: tt
number3: jq

actually, now that i think about it, they are all maniacs! notice that number 2 is rightly numbered, as he cost me this pot with his ridiculous raise! i mean, i cost myself this pot. does anybody think that my fold here was terrible. i knew that number1 was a maniac, but number2 and number3 were reasonable up til this point. really sickens me that i folded in such a large pot to suck terrible hands, but i still am not sure if this is +ev or not given my reads.

umdpoker
04-09-2004, 02:42 AM
yes, i am an idiot. in the hand i posted, i was sb, and number1 was bb.

bernie
04-09-2004, 10:00 AM
You cost yourself both pots.

Hand 1...

Im calling this. This now seems like a common move with Ax in this spot. Actually any face card with top pair.

Hand 2...

Why wouldnt he have bet the flop with a Q? Id raise the turn and go for the free showdown. You may be behind, but im not totally convinced. Especially with the description of 'loose players, no reads'.

b