PDA

View Full Version : Fun morning at Foxwoods

midas
04-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Dropped by Foxwoods for some 4-8 this morning, expecting the usual rock crowd but got the opposite-a new table with a raising-reraising attitude-rock and roll. For the next four hours, I hit the cycle of poker hands - straight flush (more on that later), four of a kind (Ks) - no action, Full House, etc. With all that luck, up only $150 for the morning because of cracked pocket AAs and KKs.

Hand of the morning - dealt KdQd, flop - Jd 9d 4d. Nice but where's the Ad? Flush Ace busted my trip As a couple hands before and I check - everyone checks (tough to read - the rocks will slow play anything at FW). Turn 10d!! Who cares about the Ad!! I bet, everyone folds except the nice woman to my left. I re-check hand and smile. River - Ad -my first Royal Straight Flush - Nice!!!. I check and say to the nice woman on my left - "I would check if I were you". She reaches for her chips - I say "You don't have the winning hand" She thinks for a minute and flips over a 7d!!! What kind of crack is she on? I flip my hand and rake my meager pot.

At FW, if you get the big Royal you get a cheesy FW poker room windbreaker that you can buy for $50. I offer it to the woman who took the bad beat and she passes saying that her husband doesn't know she plays poker-classic!. The guy to my right wants it, so I give it to him - no charge. The rocks at other end of the table wake up and berate me for the next hour for not auctioning it to the table.

A very nice morning.

ScottyP431
04-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Umm, so let me get this straight, you had an opportunity to check raise with a [censored] royal flush and you TOLD the other person not to bet?

douche