PDA

View Full Version : AA Times Ten

soda
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
I haven't played in a week. Just started up again today. Was dealt AA 10 times in just over an hour. The hands are listed below, all comments are appreciated. This was at 5 EST on Party Poker and the games were mostly weak loose, but tighter than usual for this game.

Basically, 5 and 7 have some debate in them IMO. Also, my general play. Notice that I never once limp-reraised. Is this a mistake?

****************1*****************
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: soda is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, soda raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

*********************2**********************
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: soda is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 0.75 BB

*****************3****************************
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: soda TEsoda%%%%%A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, soda raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 1.75 TEsoda*****

*******************4****************************

Preflop: soda is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
soda raises, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2.75 BB

**********************5*******************

Preflop: soda TEsoda%%%%%A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, soda raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB 3-bets, soda calls.

Flop: (6.50 TEsoda#####) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, soda checks.

Turn: (3.25 TEsoda*****) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, soda calls.

River: (5.25 TEsoda*****) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, soda raises, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 TEsoda*****
******************6*******************

Preflop: soda TEsoda%%%%%A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, soda raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 TEsoda#####) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 TEsoda*****) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, Button raises, BB calls, soda 3-bets, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 TEsoda*****) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, soda bets, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.75 TEsoda*****

*****************7*********************

Preflop: soda is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, soda raises, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda bets, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda bets, Button calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

************************8**********************

Preflop: soda is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, soda calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda checks, CO bets, soda calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda checks, CO bets, soda raises, CO calls.

River: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

**********************9***************************

Preflop: soda is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls, soda raises, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
soda bets, Button folds.

Final Pot: 3 BB

*************************10**********************

Preflop: soda TEsoda%%%%%A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, soda raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 1.75 TEsoda*****

Hand 5 - my opponent had 66.

Hand 7 - my opponent is VERY aggressive usually. I would have called any bet on the river and I would have had to call a raise as well had I bet. This is, IMO, the most questionable play - the river check here. He had 76o, no flush, and I'm almost positive he'd have called my bet.

soda

Incidentally, I won all 10 of these hands.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bisonbison
04-08-2004, 06:18 PM
hey dude, looks like the converter is choking in the name replacing process. can you pm me the hand history and what name you were trying to use for one of the hands it choked on.

Schneids
04-08-2004, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Notice that I never once limp-reraised. Is this a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, no. You're gonna get re-raised by someone often enough (I think the main reason for not limp-reraising... I'd rather cap, then limp, then 3-bet while having told the table "look at me look at me!", and you, yourself should be raising frequently enough PF that you shouldn't be fearing receiving zero action.

Looking through the hands nothing looks unordinary. Hand #5 the decision not to cap, and the decision to check on the flop are ok against the right opponents. It looks like it was right against this guy. I think your line is fine in #7, mainly because I'd be expecting an aggressive guy to bet ANY hand on that river. His check seems shocking to me, too.

King Yao
04-08-2004, 07:28 PM
remember this string of good luck the next time you get a few roughbeats in a row.

btw, i would never open limp with AA in a 6 handed game. there are too many cold callers, three bettors, and blind callers for me to risk that the pre-flop goes unraised.

stripsqueez
04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
they all look good to me

i like to limp a bit with AA, KK, and occasionally AKs - i would guess that 30% of the time i limp with AA or KK

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ulysses
04-08-2004, 08:06 PM
These guys are folding a lot (on various streets). Against guys like these, I rarely ever limp w/ AA. Against aggros who raise at the first hint of weakness, I limp re-raise a lot.

stoxtrader
04-09-2004, 07:14 PM
funny U - my thinking is different, though I'm not certain it's right. If the game is tight or shorthanded, wouldn't you want to avoid pushing people out of the pot with AA? If youtold me I would always get 6 people seeing the flop when I had AA I'd say thank you very much.

I was gonna tell soda to limp re-raise more often, particularly 4 and 5 handed, I think that would reduce the number of small pots he's in. Sure, he'll get sucked out on more often, but can't we all agree that getting the most bets in the pot pre-flop as possible is the objective with AA? Hiding your hand is also a consideration, but I make a special not to see what people limp r/r with, and so far I'd say its 50% AA or KK, but today I saw a ghuuy do it with J7o in the 10/20 game. I believe the words there are ...good times...

I think oftentimes the best way to do this is to limp. KK is a bit difference, an A on the flop can kill your hand, so I'm not sure I have the same opinion. In any event, I probably limp with AA 50% of the time and 5-10% of the time with KK....