PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker software problems... memory issues

yocalif
04-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Recently I have started having problems with PartyPoker software.
The PP program is consuming all my memory,the main indication of this is: pieces of the PP screens start disappearing, and when checking resources in control panel, it says remaining memory is under 5% or "dangerously low".
In the past I have never had a problem, running multiple tables and two or 3 other windows of IE. I have had to reboot my system about once every other hour to clear the memory.
It seems that PP program isn't dumping out the old stuff, and keeps adding to the memory it has alrdady used.

I have resorted to a utility called "ramboost" that clears the memory of stuff not being used. But there still is an occassional lockup or screen missing parts.

I am about to send a email to PP, but I really don't think they will provide much assistance.

Note: I have been playing on PP for over a year, and no similiar problem. I also play on 3 other sites and have zero problems with their software.

I am wondering if I picked up a trojan virus that consumes memory. I would appreciate suggestions for a good "online virus checker" that checks memory, and of course is free to use.

thanks

Cubswin
04-08-2004, 05:36 PM
I am having the same exact problem. It seems to have started about 3 weeks ago. I have run ad aware and spybot but after being given a clean bill of health my system memory still gets low when running 3 tables after awhile. Are you running ME by chance? I need to get this problems fixed.

regards
cubswin

yocalif
04-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I use Win98se.
ME and 9j8se are very similiar.....

Ramboost has helped, but I'm still trying to find the cause.

yocalif
04-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I use Win98se.
ME and 9j8se are very similiar.....

Ramboost has helped, but I'm still trying to find the cause.

real843
04-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Go to www.trend.com (http://www.trend.com) for a free online virus scan

Slacker13
04-09-2004, 06:48 PM
If your running Windows ME my best suggestion is to upgrade. Win ME was a huge memory hog to begin with. A quick fix is to shut down all the programs running on your task bar such as Virus Software, Clean Sweep, Quick Time etc...
You definately should scan for spyware and virus' just to be sure. If none of that helps upgrading memory is cheap and easy. I run 1 gig of memory and my cpu doesn't even flinch running 4 windows. Also, you may have problems if your hard drive is nearly full, delete unused programs.
You can always try re-installing windows too. Sometimes that helps.
Or if your making money playing and the cpu is hindering you from making more money then it would be worth buying a new one.

ChristinaB
04-10-2004, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when checking resources in control panel, it says remaining memory is under 5% or "dangerously low".

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at my control panel (XP) and I can't find "resources" or anything that tells me how much RAM is in use. How do you do this?

ChristinaB
04-10-2004, 07:31 PM
bump[ QUOTE ]
when checking resources in control panel, it says remaining memory is under 5% or "dangerously low".

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at my control panel (XP) and I can't find "resources" or anything that tells me how much RAM is in use. How do you do this?