PDA

View Full Version : $3/$6 KQs - Call the river?

butters
04-08-2004, 04:12 PM
I recently made the switch from Paradise to Party. Definitely a lot better game selection.

This table has been average - not exceptionally loose or aggressive. Usually 4 or 5 to a flop for one bet. Preflop raises have been getting respect. CO in this hand sat down a few hands ago and I don't have any history on him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero....

butters
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM

bmedwar
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I would have just called from early position with KQs. From my experience raising preflop on 3/6 party doesn't drive people out (or maybe more correctly open-call knocks them out just as well). Then I would have check/folded with an Ace on the flop. You have 2nd pair with a very popular overpair on the board. It is too likely that somebody with an Ace is taking you as a sucker on the flop, and waiting until the limit goes to 6 to get more money out of you. This is just my opinion, I'd be interested if more people agree with your style. I have certainly played it your way before, but I found it to be unprofitable.

Nottom
04-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Call. Unless he had QT he probably doesn't have a T, he likely has AJ or KJ and you beat one of those.