PDA

View Full Version : Confused in the SB

tiltaholic
04-08-2004, 03:50 PM
They seem simple, but I am generally confused by hands like this --
- Completing the SB is ok b/c there are many limpers?
- Is the turn call a bad one?
- Is the river bet a bad one (I would have folded to a raise and figured I wasn't looking at an ace)? Should I have check/folded or check/called to his bet instead of betting out?

Thanks

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 checks, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (7.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jh 7h (one pair, sevens).
MP2 shows Td Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 7.50 BB. </font>

spamuell
04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
I would have check-folded the turn.

The pot is tiny. You don't have much of a hand, you wouldn't expect to hear from a 9 on the flop and they will come out of the woodwork when it was checked around, as well as some aces and a slowplayed two pair or set (not that you should fear these hands but just keep in mind that the flop being checked around does not mean everyone is weak). Also, the flush card fell on the turn.

Anyway, I think the main point is that the pot is tiny and you don't have much so fold.

sublime
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- Completing the SB is ok b/c there are many limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]
J7s is a decent hand, well its not garbage anyway. Completing in the SB with a few limpers is fine.

The rest is just like Spam said, no need to hang around after the turn bet.

Oh yeah, and welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif