PDA

View Full Version : somebody requested my party password.

MicroBob
04-08-2004, 02:52 PM
hi,
thought this was strange.
since i have no money in my party account currently i don't think there was a whole lot to worry about.
i chekced my accts on empire, ub and neteller and all seemed find there also.
anybody want to speculate what would inspire someone to request my password.
background: i have been logging up VIP points on empire and have not played a hand on party since i cashed out on March 4. so nobody would have even seen my party-handle at the tables.
weird.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Someone (probably you) has requested a password reminder for your PartyPoker.com player account. The information requested is:
Account name: xxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxx

There is no reason to be alarmed if this request was not sent by you, it simply means that someone has requested the password for your account to be sent to your email ID. Password reminders are ONLY sent to the registered email that you have provided on your player account.

As a precautionary measure we do advise that you change your password frequently and keep your account information in a safe and secure place.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us as indicated below. Our Customer Care Department is open 24/7 and we look forward to serving you.

Sincerely Yours,
Lucy Jones
Customer Care Manager
PartyPoker.com

BigBluffer
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I get this quite frequently. Got it 4 times within an hour or so last week. And I haven't played real money on Party since January. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it something to worry about?

Dingo Puppet
04-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I believe one should have a seperate screen name apart from account name wherever possible. Just an extra security precaution.

I wouldn't worry about it to much.

MicroBob
04-08-2004, 04:57 PM
4x within an hour?? now that's weird.
is there some auto-request thing that isn't working right on party?? or is it really someone continually sending e-mails to them requesting a password.
i would be inclined to suspect the former but what do i know??

thwang99
04-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Do you have a "common" login name? Maybe someone got confused and thought to log in with not their real login name but your name, and thought "why isn't this working, I'm going to request my password, etc...".

Has happened to me. One GOOD thing, very good thing, is that my screen name apparently is pretty common, a lot of people put me as their referal! This is probably because they end up putting their real name as their referall, and it happens to match my screen name at this site. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Tony