PDA

View Full Version : New tourney player questions.

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-08-2004, 01:51 PM
The $10+1 games seem pretty soft at Stars (although my sample size is pitifully small). I'm an experienced ring game player who uses a strategy similar to A. Mangus. How do the $22 or $33 games compare to the $11? Also, I find my tight play works better at Stars than at Party (where I keep the bulk of my BR, because the ring games are oh so sweet). Are my naive assumptions correct here? Should I bother with Party SNGs?

NotMitch
04-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Do you mean limit or NL? I only play NL but I find the Party SnG's much softer at the $11 level, and I think I play tigher than most here.

wayabvpar
04-08-2004, 02:00 PM
I find that that the $20 NLHE SnGs at Stars play noticeably tougher than the $10 (which aren't much different than the $5). Not as many maniacs shoving their whole stack in with a draw or 2nd pair early on.

Stoneii
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
...and with my own small sample size I haven't found much difference between the $22 and $33 SnG's.

I think from what info I've gathered reading posts here, up to the $55 there are maybe slight steps up in degrees of difficulty, it appears the bigger jump in class is the step to $109.

I agree, with my own limited experience, the $11 play very similar to $5.50 in my opinion, then there is a gap up to the $22, and much less of a step then to $33.

Above and beyond that, give me a while /images/graemlins/wink.gif

G'Luck

stoneii