PDA

View Full Version : So I tried 5/10

arkady
04-08-2004, 11:22 AM
At AbsolutePoker, a lot of the same players - but definitely more aggressive. I took a big swing down initially, then rebuild it back up and was never able to get much of a profit. Then after three or so hours I realized i was down around -27 BB so I quit...anyone else experience this kind of alarming variance when first moving to a new limit. Initially i was definitely playing scared, but after loosening up I just somehow pissed away the money. There were only a few bad beats, but I guess it adds up faster. Yet I havent had a -30 BB session in 3/6 in a while, so this is no good especially for the BR. Sigh, back to 3/6...

Bob T.
04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
It happens. Last night, I lost 40 Big bets playing 5-10, and I have a high enough win rate for a long enough time, to know that I am a winning player at that level. It makes it really tough, though when it happens at your first session at a new level.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

arkady
04-08-2004, 11:46 AM
ahh thanks for the support. its just dissapointing since I am not sure if I was beat at that level or it was the usual variance. But even -30BB/-40BB for 3/6 stings...

BigEndian
04-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Since the aggresiveness of the tables is significant, it stands to reason that this affects the swings. That, and you aren't as likely to get paid off by people chasing poorly.

- Jim

Guido
04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
A swing of 30BB is nothing when it's about a 100BB it's still normal. Last tuesday I won 60BB, wednesday I lost 40. Today I won a 100 so it doesn't mean much... Just play solit poker...

Good luck,

Guido