PDA

View Full Version : push that pair of tens!

Johnny Empire
04-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Prima .5/1 - The usual cast of characters. Too loose, holds crap way too long.

Our hero receives T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button.
MP1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, Hero re-raises, blinds fold, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls. (6.75 BB)

(it was pretty much raise or fold in my mind)

The flop hits 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls. (10.75 BB)

(Again, raise or fold - I considered MP3 for overcards only - JJ-AA would reraise me)

The turn is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, all call.
(14.75 BB)

(Well, I think JJ-AA is out. I could well be ahead.)

The river is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

(I don't think betting the river helps much. Jx or Kx will call it if they're still in after all those bets, anyone slowplaying or having stumbled into a crap two-pair will raise it)

So, should I have played it differently?

thirddan
04-08-2004, 03:24 AM
i like it the whole way...however, i doubt that you won /images/graemlins/frown.gif

asdf1234
04-08-2004, 03:41 AM
I like how you played it, but I'm pretty sure you didn't win with all those people in and two overcards.

HajiShirazu
04-08-2004, 03:42 AM
There's no way you won this hand, especially with that K on the river, but if you play TT strongly like this, you're going to do a lot better in the long run IMO than the guy who cold calls the raise and then folds to the single bet on the flop. Ok, so MP1/MP2 couldn't let go of their QJo this time, but at least you gave them a chance on multiple streets. Then again, I suppose too much play in those 6 max games has taught me to play a pair of tens like the holy nuts or something. Maybe you would be better off playing for a set. But I always like playing my TT/JJ (sometimes 99) hands strongly. At the very least it shows that you're willing to splash it around without a monster, and much of the time you'll have the best hand.
Nice hand.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-08-2004, 04:00 AM
I like it, but you probably lost this hand right?

Johnny Empire
04-08-2004, 02:33 PM
MP2 has AKo, calls it down the whole way, and takes it.

Prima doesn't tell you what the muck hands are, but I know MP1 didn't have better than tens. What MP3 had I don't know.

Rico Suave
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey Johnny Empire:

I like the way you played it.

[ QUOTE ]
Our hero receives T T on the button.
MP1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, Hero re-raises, blinds fold, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls. (6.75 BB)

(it was pretty much raise or fold in my mind)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising is best in this situation. (1 less limper and it is a definite raise, one more limper and I might prefer calling) But folding is way worse than cold calling IMO.

--Rico