PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love fish who haven't discovered hand histories yet

John Deere
04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
After another bad slide tonight, continuing my worst week ever, I finally hit quad 8s. Here's the dialogue with the guy who calls me to the river:

him: i was full
me: and you didn't raise?
me: must have been a good read on pocket 8s
him: been beat too many times

So I check the hand history.

charlie3365 doesn't show [ 3d, Ah ] a pair of eights.

Even when I'm losing big, I love poker.

Tosh
04-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Hehe good job on on finding humour in a bad streak.

LetsRock
04-08-2004, 11:03 AM
It's good that you can find some humor in a bad stretch, but you don't do yourself any favors by giving players advice.

Even if he was telling stories about his hand, you don't want to give the fish any ideas about how they might have played a hand. If for no other reason, it lets everyone at the table know that you're paying a little more attention than the avg. guppy.

John Deere
04-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Point taken, but I don't think it's any secret -- even at Party Poker -- that you should probably put in a raise with a boat.

That being said, after thinking about it for a moment, I did decide against letting him know that I knew he was lying. Wouldn't want him to stop playing every single hand to the river because he realized the other players could find out the crap he was calling with.

StellarWind
04-08-2004, 12:49 PM
LetsRock is right about the teaching, but that isn't too important because most fish are immune to teaching anyway. Your big mistake was embarrassing the fish. You implicitly questioned the reality of his boat. You don't want him to lose face and leave, do you?

Haupt_234
04-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Should have popped in a "Oh, I had you on Ah3d..."

Haupt_234

StellarWind
04-08-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should have popped in a "Oh, I had you on Ah3d..."

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you can tell him you bought the pattern map on eBay /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

bakku
04-08-2004, 10:37 PM
This just happened to me..

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Results in below:
BB shows As 6d (one pair, queens).
Hero shows Kc Kd (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.25 BB.

him: nh...didn't think my low 2 pair would win

asdf1234
04-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I like the fish that haven't discovered hand rankings yet.

Mike Gallo
04-09-2004, 12:08 AM
So you can get some help and pschoanlysis /images/graemlins/smirk.gif