PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand, or was it?

Saborion
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
Average table, nothing spectacular. A bit funny hand though, since before the flop was dealt, I had a quick look at the cashier and thought "Sure would be nice to end this session above $xxx. That won't be problem though, since I'll flop a T. The T of hearts as a matter of fact, and two sixes with that. Oh yeah."

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Am I the new Maverick?! Granted only one 6, but one out of two ain't that bad! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Another 6! I rock! Ok, here's the deal. I'll bet and BB will call since he has a 6 but is a bit afraid of flushes etc. Then UTG+1 will raise since he has the flush. Ok? Good. Here we go.
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>. What do I do?

Edit: My bad. I typed wrong there. I meant that my hopes were that BB had the flush draw, and UTG+1 had the 6.

Tosh
04-07-2004, 10:53 PM
I can't see any reason not to raise.

Btw how can someone have a flush on this board ?

BaronVonCP
04-07-2004, 11:02 PM
How could you not raise? Afraid of QQ?

Brain
04-07-2004, 11:09 PM
he has his ESP on overdrive tonight. i also raise here.

Saborion
04-07-2004, 11:15 PM
I had a reason for not raising the turn. Although it might be flawed due to mathematical reasons. Time to calculate a bit.

Saborion
04-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Queens would be the last thing I'd be afraid of here.

Tosh
04-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Obviously you can be damn near certain you hold the winner so why not raise ? You trap BB for an extra bet and may get 3 bet.

Saborion
04-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Depends on the players of course. But the BB is likely to have something since he called, at least that's what I felt since he took his time before he called. If he has a Q, he might call the extra bet and see the river, in which case I make another BB. If he's on the flush draw, he'll for sure. Would he call another 2 BB to him? I believe he should've. And he would've at least called the river if he hit his flush, with a bit of luck, bet it. And either way, the UTG+1 might cap it if I raise. I had one BB to gain vs a lot of BBs if I had raised. Sigh. Oh well, next time.

What went through my mind at that point was something like this, "If the BB is on a flush draw I might be able to extract more money by only calling here instead of raising since he might be out on the river. If he's not on a flush draw, he might still call one more bet to him."

Now I'm quite sure that I made a mistake. If the BB wasn't on a flush draw, there's nothing that says he'll call. And if he was on the flush draw, he would've called two more to him I'm sure. And with a bit of luck UTG+1 would've capped after the BB had called. Grrr... Why do I always have to think about the hands after I play them.

Saborion
04-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Yah. I was way off in my non-existing thinking process here. /images/graemlins/blush.gif