PDA

View Full Version : I will not play KJo UTG *kicks myself in the head*

Pil Sung Do
04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I am the dumb idiot in this hand. This post is part to see what others think, and part punishment on my part for doing this and now I deserve to be "chastised".

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Dumb idiot is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Dumb idiot calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Dumb idiot calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Dumb idiot checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Dumb idiot calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Dumb idiot checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Dumb idiot raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Dumb idiot caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Dumb idiot bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Dumb idiot 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Dumb idiot calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 27.50 BB, between Dumb idiot and UTG+2.</font>

Tosh
04-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Compared to your river play I like your limp.

jacki
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Misplayed on every street? Maybe....

Preflop: Easy, easy muck. Turbo-muck. Uber muck. Muckeriffic.

Flop: Ok, if you're going to play this, what else are you hoping for. Bet out.

Turn: I guess you didn't misplay every street. This seems OK, but the cap might be questionable.

River: He's now screaming straight or set at you. Bet and call or check and call.

asdf1234
04-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Fold preflop, but you knew that. You got a good flop, you should bet. Turn is okay, I don't think I'd cap after he reraises a checkraise on an expensive street. River is ridiculously overplayed. Two bets max after the turn action. He's got a set, that or he overplayed his hand even more than you did.

Pil Sung Do
04-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Compared to your river play I like your limp.

Thanks Tosh, I needed that.

joker122
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Yikes, calm down. It's only 2 pair /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jezebel
04-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Whats up with your flop play? The preflop raiser is immediately to your left. Bet out and hope he raises to thin the field. A checkraise in this spot is good if you believe a bet will come from the button, but here all signs point that the bet will come from your left. Bet out.

Turn play looks o.k. maybe a little overaggressive with the cap, but not unreasonable especially at 2/4.

On the river....lets look back at what our opponent has done throughout this hand. He has taken the most aggressive action available on each street. At some point we have to give him credit for a big hand, unless we have a specific read that this guy gets out of line often. For me, his 3 bet on the turn would slow me down into call down mode. I would need a specific read on the opponent to cap both the turn and river with him.

Alobar
04-08-2004, 02:00 PM
fold preflop (you already knew that....so why limp it?)

bet out the flop, let the PFR thin the field

turn, eh...I wouldnt have capped, but to each his own

river, woa there tiger....are you on tilt? Do you need him to beat you over the head with a sign?? thankgod its online and not live I'd be worried how many bets you woulda gone /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T5off
04-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Preflop and on the flop you should not check the auto-check/call button, on the turn and river switch off the auto-bet/raise button. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif