PDA

View Full Version : what a bad fold

callingstation
04-07-2004, 05:26 PM
party 2/4, loose aggressive table,

I was in BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

folded to MP1 who raises(I saw he raise AJo before), MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, I call

flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, I call(raise here?), MP1 raise, folded to SB who calls, I call

turn:6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB check, I check, MP1 check /images/graemlins/confused.gif(I think he might hold a pocket pair like KK or QQ with a diamond in his hand)

river:J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB check, I check, MP1 bets, SB calls, I fold

MP showed A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif,one pair, Aces
SB showed J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif two pair, Jacks and eights
SB won 9.5BB

My hand would be good /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MasterShakes
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
I fold here too. You're getting 10-1 on your call against a four flush board and your diamondless when you're reading at least one of the other two for at least one diamond. Fold every time in this situation and you will make money. Don't be results oriented.

Nottom
04-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Your passiveness throughout the hand creates a tough situation on the river. Its pretty hard to overcall without a diamond, but this is also a good example of why valuebetting your two-pair heads up is often a good play on this board.

ZootMurph
04-08-2004, 09:31 AM
I'd fold the river also, if I was in that situation.

However, I would have bet out on the turn. You have position, and are setting yourself up to fold to a bet no matter what by checking the turn. If someone had the flush, they'd tell you by re-raising... then you could fold. Otherwise, you may not be running with the best hand, but you may get the best hand to fold with the 3 diamonds showing.

If you don't win it right there, you have position and can check or fold the river when the 4th diamond comes up. In this case you'd have won the pot. In the case that you were losing after the river, unless you are losing to a K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, you will get checked to again. If the River ISN'T a diamond or Jack, it will still get checked to you and you save a bet lost to the AK.

So, a bet on the turn, IMO, sets you up really well, where the turn check in position sets you up for a definite fold to any betting.