PDA

View Full Version : help with timezone please

Hung
04-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Can someone help me out here?
All this timezone shite, is really complicated.
Check out the print screen.
It says a tournament on April 7th at 11:30PM
Right above you can see the current time: 12h13
So that means the tournament should be started, right?
Or am I wrong? Why don't they use the same thing as stars and party. UB should indicate the remaining time before starting. Now I have no idea when it starts.
I wanted to play a tournament to cool off. I couldn't find any... So I played ring games. I shouldn't have done that... /images/graemlins/frown.gif took some really heavy beats today.

http://www.pokerclub.be/images/UB.jpg

CountDuckula
04-07-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone help me out here?
All this timezone shite, is really complicated.
Check out the print screen.
It says a tournament on April 7th at 11:30PM
So that means the tournament should be started, right?
Or am I wrong? Why don't they use the same thing as stars and party. UB should indicate the remaining time before starting. Now I have no idea when it starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a timezone issue at all; both times should be in the same timezone, so that's not the problem. The easiest way to think about it is to convert am/pm to 24 hour time. 11:30pm = 23:30 and 12:13pm = 12:13, so it's easy to see that there are a little over 11 hours to go before the tournament starts.

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to play a tournament to cool off. I couldn't find any... So I played ring games. I shouldn't have done that... /images/graemlins/frown.gif took some really heavy beats today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.

-Mike

Jim Easton
04-07-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 12:13 pm - afternoon. The tournament starts at 11:30 pm - later that night. We don't use a 24 hour clock here. 12:00 am = midnight 7:00 am is in the morning, 12:00 pm is noon and 11:30 pm would be at night. Not trying to be pedantic, we might be a bit odd.