PDA

View Full Version : two small blind Kowboys

tripdad
04-07-2004, 02:04 PM
please bear with me. i don't know how to use the hand converter thingamajig.

i'm sb w/KK at $10+1 sng party. blinds are $10/15...level 1

EP2 and LP2 limp, all others fold.

I raise to T45. BB folds, EP2 calls, LP2 folds. head-up to flop.(pot= T130)

8 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check. EP2 bets T100. I raise to T250. EP2 reraises to T500. Your move?

I wasn't happy just winning T55 w/KK pre flop, that is why the 3x raise. as for the flop, i was counting on a bet, as he/she should put me on AK, AQ, etc... after my check.

Comments on all streets appreciated. I'm a sng rookie w/75 under my belt. the 1st half of those were terrible results. I have improved dramatically the last half results, but hands like these give me fits. I tend to want bigger pots w/AA and KK, and sometimes I pay with my tournament life.

cheers!

tripdad
04-08-2004, 05:00 PM
thanks for the great advice!

cheers!

Prickly Pete
04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
On the preflop raise, I'd raise more. 3 x BB doesn't work 1st round in my opinion, since any speculative hand is worth 45 (or only 30 more for the limpers). With 2 limpers in already, I'd go up to 90 or 100 - something that'll hurt a little more for them to call.

I'm curious what LP2 could call for 15 and fold for 30 more to close the betting. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

As for the flop, I don't mind the checkraise and I think I'd have to grit my teeth and go allin here (since 500 is stack committed anyway). I think more often than not, you'll see small pairs, straight draws, flush draws and other trash. Sometimes he'll have the ten and that sucks, but I can't fold here I don't think.