PDA

View Full Version : Weak players and position

Absolution
04-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I've noticed that weak players especially like to raise in the BB if there have been a couple of calls behind them. They think it's a good time to bluff because they act last and might steal some blinds there or gain some respect later. Seems to me that it's harder to read people pre-flop and you are more likely to get called with a superior hand AND then act last for the rest of the hand. In that way, it's hilariously ironic that the one time these guys think about position, they are wrong.

Dov
04-07-2004, 01:04 PM
If they raise the BB, they will act FIRST through the rest of the hand.

Absolution
04-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks, that's what I meant and I think it was pretty obvious anyway. Oh well.

Dov
04-07-2004, 01:36 PM
What blinds are they going to steal at this point in the hand?

Everyone is going to call. The only way they can steal is if they flop nothing but bet the flop anyway on a semi scary board where no one else flopped anything either.

The only reason to raise the BB apart from deception after you already have limpers and it hasn't been raised yet, is to get more money in the pot with a good hand.

Absolution
04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Ya, that's what I was trying to say. It was early when I posted that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif When there a lot of limpers, like there usually is in a table full of weak players, they try and steal all the calls when they are in the BB. I was just saying how stupid it was and I think it's funny that the one time they think about position, they're wrong.

RPatterson
04-08-2004, 01:47 AM
I see this alot when I play low-limit. Whenever I play 6 man tables it's like a constant phenomenom. Complete your small blind with 3 limpers, idiot in big blind raises with A-9 offsuit making you throw your hand away. Also the small blind will raise alot with stuff they shouldn't be when there have been limpers so then you have to fold your big blind. It's so irritating.

Jezebel
04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
I will raise my BB with some pretty shaky holdings with one maybe two limpers in from late position. Limping first in from LP screams weakness or monster. Most times weakness. Seize the initiative. The raise is not to get them to fold preflop - its to make a play at the pot postflop. Besides, if they are limping first in from that position I probably hold the best hand.

Sarge85
04-08-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Complete your small blind with 3 limpers, idiot in big blind raises with A-9 offsuit making you throw your hand away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have a leak here....

Either your completing your SB with improper hands or your throwing aways hands you shouldn't...

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Nottom
04-08-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You may have a leak here....

Either your completing your SB with improper hands or your throwing aways hands you shouldn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the SB after completing shouldn't be a foriegn concept to anybody here. There are quite a few hands that should be completed yet folded to a raise, however if the BB is aggressive enough to be routinely raising hands like A9o then you should be tightening up your SB completion standards to compensate.