PDA

View Full Version : Too tight? Too Loose?

05-02-2002, 07:34 PM
I have a question about a couple of back to back hands. PP 1/2.

Hand one A7o, on the button, MP calls, player to my right raises, 2 bets to me, I muck. Hand plays out 74K79. Pocket 8s MP takes it

Hand two (next hand literally)-

Me, one off button, Q5 hearts, 3 players in 3 bets to me, I muck. Hand plays out-

6hThQc5s8h

I would have won both of these hands. Now I know hindsight is always 20/20, but my question is - am I playing too tight? Am I robbing myself of chances to win or saving bets and these were just perfect boards?

Just trying to learn this silly game! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Paul

05-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Well done, for some beginners the first hand would have tempted them to play the second hand. Dont let this bother you it happens all the time, its part of poker if you can't handle this little irrelevant thing you shouldn't even be playing. I have folded AJ suited to a raise preflop and i would have flopped a royal flush thats right, but who cares. In the long run i am the winner.

One more thing dont let results influence you play your hands, if the flop had come KKJ then would you still be complaining, offcourse not.

-MJ

05-02-2002, 11:57 PM
nope...your playing it fine...just shrug it off and get ready for the next hand...

i sat the other day and watched my rush go by...all my crap was winnning on the flop...sucked. but no way i could call the raises with it...

hang in there...

b

05-03-2002, 12:22 AM
These are easy folds and you are already way ahead of most players if you muck those hands for one single bet preflop, let alone two. I hope you would have mucked even if the hand hadn't been raised.

05-03-2002, 08:58 AM
Definately not playable, especially since you are facing one and two raises. Given job of resisting the urge to play these.