PDA

View Full Version : flopped Ks full, what's my flop strategy

pheasant tail (no 18)
04-07-2004, 02:40 AM
4/8 live

Table is really loose passive generally w/ one preflop maniac who will gladly put four bets in w/ anything but will fold to one bet on the flop if he gets none of it. If it's checked to him, he usually bets, even w/ nothing. He's in MP. I'm in BB w/ red kings.

Two limpers to him. He raises -- two cold calls, SB calls, I make it 3 bets. All call to him but one. He caps. All call.

Six to flop for like 25SB or so.

Flop comes QQK rainbow. Not quite sure what to do w/ this one. Not many could have a piece of it with only 1 K and 2 Qs unaccounted for and maybe a straight draw. Though I wanted to make some fancy a$$ play and trap for many bets I didn't have the heart to risk not collecting a few small bets from the passives who need at least something to call 8 on the turn. I bet. Got 4 callers (pre-flop maniac folds as I suspected).

Here's my PRIMARY question. Should I have checked? If so, should I have raised or waited for the turn to do so? It makes my stomach turn to check when there are people willing to give money away. It probably stings me a little too much when I can't raise because it's checked through. I guess I was hoping that someone had a Q and we could go to war w/ maybe a couple poor folks who had to protect their $4 from the initial bet.

Turn brings another Q. I bet. All fold but one who raises me. I call.

Secondary Question. Who reraises here? Obviously (I think), nobody folds. Certainly not if you knew the weak player who raised in conjunction w/ the size of the pot. He could have a Q but he could also have a K or a PP.

I just called. Then check called the river and he turned over AK /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

asdf1234
04-07-2004, 02:47 AM
You may as well bet if the game is that loose. People are more inclined to give money away one bet at a time rather than two big bets at a time. Plus a turn checkraise screams slowplayed monster on that type of board. I think you need to get in one raise on the turn or river. Just call if you're reraised. It's possible that the other Q is out, but unlikely.

Dynasty
04-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Here's your strategy: Bet. Raise if possible. Repeat.

Oblivious
04-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Bet the flop, intending to bet the turn... if theres a Q out there, he should raise on the turn and you can three bet... maybe he caps. This is your strategey (or what would be mine) on the flop.

Although, the turn does bring a Q, so that plan would be scrapped. You played it fine after the turn imo.

Nottom
04-07-2004, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have checked?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I bet. Got 4 callers

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the problem?

On the turn I would likely 3-bet and feel crappy if he capped and call him down.