PDA

View Full Version : Nice flop...

asdf1234
04-07-2004, 02:21 AM
CP 6/12, pretty good game, in general loose passive. Button in this hand is awful, coming in for multiple bets with all sorts of garbage.

I have K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO

EP limps, MP limps, CO-1 limps, I raise, button cold calls, BB calls, everyone else calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to me, I bet, only button and co-1 call.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me, I bet, only button calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked through

Comments?

Nottom
04-07-2004, 02:23 AM
bet the river.

Saborion
04-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Button in this hand is awful, coming in for multiple bets with all sorts of garbage.
That is interesting. But I suppose what decides whether or not to bet the river is if the button sticks around with all sort of garbage. But since I assume he does (most people that play that loose usually does right?), I'd bet the river.

SpaceAce
04-07-2004, 03:39 AM
The hands you are likely to be facing are:
A) A Queen or weaker
B) A very weak Ace

If he has the Ace, oh well, but nothing he's done so far says he has you beat. I don't think checking behind on the river is terrible but I wouldn't make it my standard play in this situation.

SpaceAce

asdf1234
04-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Button flips over red deuces and my hand is good. Thinking over the session, I don't think he would have called a river bet with that particular hand. Still, he would have indeed called with a queen, jack, or medium pocket pair, so I think I did miss a value bet.

sthief09
04-07-2004, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button in this hand is awful, coming in for multiple bets with all sorts of garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would value bet Q2 against this guy in this hand. the looser the opponent, the worse hands you can bet on the river.

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Bet the river. Played a hand like that last night. Had ATs on the button and the maniac in the CO raised it. I reraised, he called and we had one guy trapped between us. The A hit, with none of my suit. He bet, I raised, the other guy folded. He bet and I raised the turn. Same on the river. He had 99 and had never improved. By the river, there were three overcards on the board to his nines.