PDA

View Full Version : I'm stupid and I suck.

ZootMurph
04-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Can someone tell me what I did wrong here (besides the obvious being in the pot with 8Ts)? For the record, I was playing three tables and accidentally hit the call button.

Table is real loose, UTG+1 and CO are both playing almost every hand. No read on BB as she just entered the game.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (10.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ks 6c (full house, kings full of sixes).
Hero shows 8d Td (flush, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins 10.75 BB. </font>

nothumb
04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
You should probably just feel happy that the BB didn't charge you more for making the second best hand. His play was far worse than yours. You received no indication that you were losing at any point. The same thing would have happened if you had played QJs or some other playable hand in this case.

juanez
04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Other than hitting the call button on accident, I think you played this pretty well.

Flop: it hit you pretty hard. I would have raised on the flop with this flush draw.

Turn: I would have raised like you did, and capped it if he reraised. I can't believe this opponent didn't reraise you here with the FH.

River: looks good to me. Again, I can't believe BB didn't raise you here. Terrible play, but good for you - you could have lost a lot more.

Be happy that BB sucked so bad and you lost as little as you did. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Zetack
04-06-2004, 10:12 PM
once you were in you played it fine. Lucky for you the BB was worried about you having A-K cause he definitely should have made this more expensive for you. I don't think you put him on the boat, so your play was fine.

So, when you say you are stupid and you suck, I assume that's just personal information you feel like sharing with us and not something related to poker eh? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

--Zetack