PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 EURO SNG Results

AleoMagus
04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Anybody have the full results? I don't, but I'd sure like to calculate the leaderboard.

Regards
Brad S

heyrocker
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM
I was just about to post this since nobody else did:

Tournament started - 2004/04/06 - 16:04:17 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2004/04/06 - 18:02:28 (ET)
1: Profit (Madison), $72.00 (40%)
2: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $54.00 (30%)
3: Bottz44 (Naugatuck), $36.00 (20%)
4: billum (manchester), $18.00 (10%)
5: J. Peterman (centerville),
6: 2L8-4U (Marysville),
7: Tosh27o (Colchester),
8: RedHeadedIan (Pennsauken),
9: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
10: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
11: heyrocker (Chicago),
12: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
13: MUTE2.0 (LAKELAND),
14: morpheu8 (galway),
15: ZADABEAR (TUCSON),
16: debaser (Buckingham),
17: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
18: kgonzo (austin),

Damn that's a long one. I didn't stay for the end, congrats to HelmetSky for coming first of the 2+2'ers yet again. In discussion we discovered that Profit has also visited the site but did not purposely join the SNG. There was a low turnout, I believe only 8 2+2'ers.

I am saddened by my part in boosting Helmet. Early on I doubled with KK, then sometime later I found myself facing late (in the cutoff I think.) Its 50/100 here. I raise to 300, Helmet calls. Flop comes A2J. There's around 700 in the pot, so I bet out 300 thinking to myself that Helmet might see this as weakness and either call or play back at me with another ace. This he does as he reraises to 1100. Praising myself for my cleverness I happily push, and Helmet happily calls with JJ /images/graemlins/frown.gif Guess all those posts about playing JJ for set value sunk in. I have to say one of my biggest failings in poker is getting stuck in the newbie track of "I GOTTA GOOD HAND! I GOTTA GOOD HAND!" without thinking about the good hand the other guy might have. What I should have thought about is that I have never seen Helmet show down without the goods, and if he's expressing an interest to go to the mat then maybe I should reconsider my options. Anyways, nice game all.

t_perkin
04-06-2004, 08:44 PM
1: Profit (Madison), $72.00 (40%)
2: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $54.00 (30%)
3: Bottz44 (Naugatuck), $36.00 (20%)
4: billum (manchester), $18.00 (10%)
5: J. Peterman (centerville),
6: 2L8-4U (Marysville),
7: Tosh27o (Colchester),
8: RedHeadedIan (Pennsauken),
9: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
10: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
11: heyrocker (Chicago),
12: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
13: MUTE2.0 (LAKELAND),
14: morpheu8 (galway),
15: ZADABEAR (TUCSON),
16: debaser (Buckingham),
17: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
18: kgonzo (austin),

dammit! we finally let a non 2+2er win /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not that I helped things at all. Playing O-8 for the last few days has ruined my NLHE game /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Oh well, at least William wasn't there to beat me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not a great turn out altogether. Only 8 2+2ers as far as I can see.

Never mind.

I think i only have one or two hands to talk about. I will post them sometime soon. I am a bit busy to spend time doing HH reading this week, but I don't mind acting as the archive as usual. So give and you shall receive!

Oh yeah - congrats to Praying Mantis. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim

Tosh
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Anyone see the hand I crapped out with btw ?

Had ATo with 1.9k ish stack in SB. Blinds 100/200 and its folded to me with that Profit guy in BB. I raised 600 and he set me all in. I had stolen a lot of blinds off him and he hadn't made this play before. I figured this meant a big hand but for some reason I called and got beaten by his kings.

Yuck. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AleoMagus
04-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, as said, not a great turnout this week. A couple more players have gotten in two weeks but there are a lot of 2+2ers who have points but who still need to play another tourney.

This weeks Euro leaderboard:

Helmetsky - 258 pts
t_perkin 2+2 - 124 pts
MobyDick - 102 pts
Heyrocker - 83 pts
ByronKincaid - 82 pts
Ruddiger - 49 pts
Tosh27o - 45 pts
Stone_Eyes - 30 pts
debaser - 14 pts

Well, three heads up finishes in a row has created quite a dominating lead for HelmetSky. Congratulations. It was quite a battle at the end.

Profit seemed like a worthy opponent though and he earned himself 100 pts also today. Lets hope he shows next week for round two (and gets himself on the board)

Regards
Brad S

PS. As ever, I will wait till after thursdays SNG to get the combined results to simon. The rankings site will be updated sometime after that

Simon Diamond
04-06-2004, 11:22 PM
I will try and get a front page done for the SNG Series later this week, so every thing is nicely in one place. I am also going to do a page listing the leader of each weeks rankings, a bit like a hall of fame. Anybody who makes it to the top will be immortalised there and we will be able to see the longest streaks at the top etc.

If there are any other pages or stats you want, just ask - I will try and fit them into my schedule.

Simon

Sheriff Fatman
04-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Looking on the bright side, the only way is up for me!

PrayingMantis
04-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Yes, not so many 2+2ers last night, but who knows, maybe some of the participants (Profit maybe) will become 2+2ers.

It was a strange game, especially at the end, when it was me and 4-5 randoms. HU with Profit was really long and tiring. He's certainly not the usual 11$ player, much much much more patient. And I'm not sure I was at my best. He played very good, regardless.

Anyway, I hope I'll lead the board for a long time, it's very good for my ego and self-esteem /images/graemlins/grin.gif. And everybody should have a nice streak like that from time to time (Byron knows what I'm talking about).

And Heyrocker - I think you forgot to mention you had A2 in the hand you were busted against me - (on the AJ2 flop). That was a very very nice flop for me - expecially if you don't hold the AA - but hit a 2p. I think you were in a very tough spot there. 2p can be a very cruel hand sometimes. It looks sooo good, but some times it just can't stand too much heat. The decision to fold or push is probably heavily dependant on your opponent at the point.

Good game everybody, see you next week.

Stoneii
04-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Nice results PM, I'll be back in next week, I've been working lates this week (part of a 5 week rota just started supporting US office hours) so couldn't make it.

I guess that's why so few 2+2'ers showed up, 1 less dead money /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G'Luck

stoneii

TylerD
04-07-2004, 10:37 AM
That's why I wasn't there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(that and the fact that my "quick nap" turned into a "long slumper").

Catch you all next week.

Profit
04-07-2004, 04:21 PM
sure is funny to be reading about myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

First off I was a bit apprehensive at the start of the tourney as almost everyone at my table appeared to know eachother, I was asking myself what in the heck did i get myself into.

I was getting some great omaho 8 hands the first three rounds, too bad we were playing NLHE. my first win didnt actually come until my 35th hand.

my 43rd hand almost was my downfall as T_Perkins 2+2 caught me in his bear trap. i had 1200 in chips vs his 900. im in the BB with a monster, 4 7 offsuit, T_Perkins 2+2 simply calls with his KK. i hit second pair on a non threatening board and bet 100. T went all in for another 650 or so and i even commented, VN. I think here is when i went into a seizure and hit my left mouse button and accidentally called /images/graemlins/smile.gif. no actually it was a great play on ur part. so that left me with 355 and a few hands later down to 280 chips with about 11 ppl left. needless to say i figured i was out with the competetion i was against.

From there i was fortunate for my all in KJ to hold up vs K5 and my aq to hold up vs a2 and was up to 1600, much better than 280, but came to final table in 6th so had lots of work to do. (helmet big chip lead with 7300)

I then got fortunate an ace didnt hit when my KK went all in against DrPhysics A3 for a 2900 pot. Phyics explained his play by:Actually I planned to try to steal with the A3 and didn't see his bet in front of me before i pushed the button. interestingly enough, very next hand i get QQ but no1 calls my raise.

Few hands later, tosh already explained him being eliminated with KK vs A10. WTH does SOD mean?
now at 5400 and 2k behind helmut. Tosh, i never really noticed u stealing many of blinds, maybe u did but i just had crap so wasn't really paying attention...

Another big hand came a bit later against 2L8-4U. With AA in early position (6 handed) i raised on 2x BB hoping for a reraise, it didnt come but only one caller (KK) flop comes 225, 2L8-4U checks assuming he is trapping me, i bet 800, he goes all in for another 2k and happy days are here again.

Game 103 chip count is as follows
Seat 1: Bottz44 (5450 in chips)
>Seat 2: billum (4025 in chips)
>Seat 6: Profit (11215 in chips)
>Seat 9: HelmetSky (6310 in chips)
this tourney was lasting 4 ever....

this particular hand i couldnt believe, obviously i didnt bet enough at the river.

>*********** # 108 **************
>PokerStars Game #373858292: Tournament #1351386, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2004/04/06 - 17:24:08 (ET)
>Table '1351386 2' Seat #2 is the button
>Seat 1: Bottz44 (6525 in chips)
>Seat 2: billum (4500 in chips)
>Seat 6: Profit (9690 in chips)
>Seat 9: HelmetSky (6285 in chips)
>Bottz44: posts the ante 25
>billum: posts the ante 25
>Profit: posts the ante 25
>HelmetSky: posts the ante 25
>Profit: posts small blind 200
>HelmetSky: posts big blind 400
>*** HOLE CARDS ***
>Dealt to Profit [Qc 3c]
>Bottz44: folds
>Profit said, "ya u had me lol"
>billum: folds
>Profit: calls 200
>beau selecta [observer] said, "lol"
>HelmetSky: checks
>*** FLOP *** [Jc 5d Kc]
>Profit: checks
>HelmetSky: bets 800
>Profit: calls 800
>*** TURN *** [Jc 5d Kc] [4d]
>Profit: checks
>HelmetSky: checks
>*** RIVER *** [Jc 5d Kc 4d] [Th]
>Shub314 [observer] said, "Guy - aren't you the math PhD"
>Profit: bets 1200
>HelmetSky: calls 1200
>*** SHOW DOWN ***
>Profit: shows [Qc 3c] (high card King)
>HelmetSky: shows [Td 4h] (two pair, Tens and Fours)
>HelmetSky collected 4900 from pot
>Profit said, "wow"
>*** SUMMARY ***
>Total pot 4900 | Rake 0
>Board [Jc 5d Kc 4d Th]
>Seat 1: Bottz44 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
>Seat 2: billum (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
>Seat 6: Profit (small blind) showed [Qc 3c] and lost with high card King
>Seat 9: HelmetSky (big blind) showed [Td 4h] and won (4900) with two pair, Tens and Fours

By the end of the tourney the blinds were at a ridiculous 1k/2k. had we played two more minutes there would have been another break lol. Needless to say that was the longest tourney i've been and was just happy to place from being at 280 chips at one point. Helmut is one hell of a player that is for sure. The final hand went down like this:

>*********** # 202 **************
>PokerStars Game #373919232: Tournament #1351386, Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (1000/2000) - 2004/04/06 - 18:02:03 (ET)
>Table '1351386 2' Seat #9 is the button
>Seat 6: Profit (19305 in chips)
>Seat 9: HelmetSky (7695 in chips)
>Profit: posts the ante 100
>HelmetSky: posts the ante 100
>HelmetSky: posts small blind 1000
>Profit: posts big blind 2000
>*** HOLE CARDS ***
>Dealt to Profit [9c 9d]
>HelmetSky: raises 5595 to 7595 and is all-in
>Shub314 [observer] said, "Carnap and Reichenbach."
>Profit: calls 5595
>Shub314 [observer] said, "lol poker"
>*** FLOP *** [Js 3h 4d]
>*** TURN *** [Js 3h 4d] [Jc]
>*** RIVER *** [Js 3h 4d Jc] [Jd]
>beau selecta [observer] said, "gg you two, really fun to watch"
>HelmetSky said, "gg"
>*** SHOW DOWN ***
>Profit: shows [9c 9d] (a full house, Jacks full of Nines)
>HelmetSky: shows [2s Ks] (three of a kind, Jacks)
>Profit collected 15390 from pot
>Shub314 [observer] said, "GG"
>*** SUMMARY ***
>Total pot 15390 | Rake 0
>Board [Js 3h 4d Jc Jd]
>Seat 6: Profit (big blind) showed [9c 9d] and won (15390) with a full house, Jacks full of Nines
>Seat 9: HelmetSky (button) (small blind) showed [2s Ks] and lost with three of a kind, Jacks

Alright, i know that was a long post sorry!!!!

Profit
04-07-2004, 04:23 PM
i found the website. at first i thought it was a europe vs. NA thing, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Do you guys do 2 sep tourney's a week, each with different standings?

AleoMagus
04-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Yes two separate tourneys

This is done so that people on both continents can find a good time to play, but many play both or whichever is convenient despite where they live.

It had been discussed many times that we should somehow match up the top N. American players against the Europeans and I am sure that in some way it will happen eventually.

Doesn't make much sense to me though, because it's not like the Europeans would have a chance. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then again maybe I shouldn't say that. As a Canadian I suppose I should have more allegiance to the country whose queen is on my nickels.

Regards
Brad S

William
04-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Doesn't make much sense to me though, because it's not like the Europeans would have a chance.

<cough> <cough> The americans in this forum have learned everything from the Europeans. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And it is unfair of you to try to get rid of me by provoking hysterical laugh attacks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PrayingMantis
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the board, Profit!

It's the first time, to my knowledge, that what we call "a random" player at our game, actually registers to the site and posts a long summary of his game. This is particularly nice, since you had a hell of a game, and won 1st place. Congratiolations!

I'm sure we'll meet you again next week, since you now have 100 points, and if you'll play one more game, you'll be on the leaderboard, with a nice chunk of points.

As to the 2 hands:

(Edit: If it wasn't clear - I'm HelmetSky on Stars)

1st one: I tried to take it down on the flop. You called. I hit bottom pair and then 2 pairs on the river. I can beat any one pair u got. I hoped you didn't have anything better. Your river bet is about half the pot. I take the chance and call, my chances are good, and the risk is not too high. Had you bet more, much more, it could have been a tough spot for me. Probably a fold.

2nd hand:

Blinds are huge, I want to take them. Raising less than all-in does not make much sense here anymore. Calling is not an option. I don't want to fold a Kx now, since we're talking heads-up with huge blinds. Not many hands to go. I figured you'll fold everything, except most aces, pairs and maybe high Kx. It means that in the big majority of the time I win 3200T here, which is almost half my stack.

Unfortunately for me, you had a medium pair, did the right thing and called. I bust.

Very good game!

BTW, It will be easier to read hands you post here, if you convert them into "prose", i.e., writing what happend, what hand you had, etc, instead of just putting the original hand-history, which looks kind of ugly. You can find many examples for how people post their hands on the site.

And again - Welcome.

PrayingMantis
04-07-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because it's not like the Europeans would have a chance

[/ QUOTE ]

The probability the Europeans will win a competition like this is 1.0.

The probability the North-Americans will win it is 0.0.

So you are essentially right, the Europeans don't have a chance. They have a complete, 100% sure, guaranteed victory. This is certainly not "a chance".

PrayingMantis (The European kind)

t_perkin
04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
I wanted to post about my KK play actually.

Basically I had lost a load of chips and was down to T900. Things were not looking good.

Got KK in UTG+1 I think. I decide to flat call because I want to make more than just the blinds here, figure that it is worth the risk.

All fold to the BB (profit). Flop comes with nothing particularly scary and profit makes a small raise. I am willing to risk him having 2 pair or three of a kind (prob 5%) and figure that a push in looks like a resteal and probably has a better chance of being called than a smaller bet.

Is this too risky a play to make with KK? normally I would not make it, but a combination of being lowish on chips and having something else good to go and do if I busted made me think it was worth making the move.

Its not something I do regularly. Although I am coming to the conclusion that with a good size stack early in a SnG that AA and KK should be played with more subtlety.
Stealing the tiny blinds is just not enough for cards of this strength, and so long as you can get away when the flop is bad I think they should be played less straight. (obviously not always and only when the conditions are right).

Good work profit, nice to have you aboard! look forward to trapping you for every last chip next week /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tim

Sheriff Fatman
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
All

Still working on the US vs Europe thing - the demise of Choice has led to a rethink on venue! Will post further info as soon as I can.

Profit - welcome to the boards and congrats on your win. Hope you stick around - its good to see someone made the effort to find us, although I suppose its +EV for you seeing as we're all dead money!!

Sheriff

Profit
04-07-2004, 08:34 PM
thanks 4 the warm welcome guys!

HelmetSky, until u pointed it out just now, i did not realize you had two pair, i thought just the 10's. Now i am glad i did not bet more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T Perkin, i'll be watching for it /images/graemlins/grin.gif