PDA

View Full Version : KQs gets 3-bet, flops flush draw, rivers 2nd pair--call the river?

bdk3clash
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
First rotation, so unfortunately no reads/notes. My only real question: call the river?

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, bdk3clash raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, bdk3clash calls

Flop(13 SB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, EP1 folds, MP1 folds, bdk3clash calls

Turn(7 1/2 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, bdk3clash calls

River(9 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, bdk3clash...

bisonbison
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Call. Raise the flop.

bdk3clash
04-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I called. Button had AA. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know about raising on the flop. I'm not in ram-and-jam territory here, with only one player calling my flop raise.

The A might indeed be a scare card for the SB if the preflop 3-bet meant high-pair-but-not-AA, but I don't think my "folding equity" is high enough at the Party 1/2 games to try semi-bluffs.

A 3-bet here from the SB on the flop pretty much would suck. I think passive was the way to go on this one, but others may disagree.

Thoughts?

asdf1234
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I pretty much agree with your thought process about not raising the flop. You're not getting value on your draw, and the vast majority of low limit party players are going to the river with a preflop 3 betting hand, regardless of action. Also, you might end up paying 3 bets for the turn when you could have seen it for 1. I guess I'd make the crying call too.

illunious
04-09-2004, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A 3-bet here from the SB on the flop pretty much would suck. I think passive was the way to go on this one, but others may disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bison, I'd raise the flop. If SB 3 bets the flop I'd fold the river.

Trix
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
If he can muck KK-JJ to a flop raise or is likely to give you a freebie on the turn, then you should raise the flop.

If not, but he can muck them to a turn raise, then raise the turn.

I put him on JJ-KK,AA,AK-AQ. so a little less than 1/3 will be underpairs to the Ace.

Raising in one of these places will also make the river easier to play.

River: AK(6),AQ(9),AA(3),KK(1) - QQ(3),JJ(6) , so if he will bet just QQ, then you should call. If he will check both JJ and QQ then you should fold.

illunious
04-09-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he can muck KK-JJ to a flop raise or is likely to give you a freebie on the turn, then you should raise the flop.

If not, but he can muck them to a turn raise, then raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was his first orbit, so he didn't have any reads like that.

Do you really raise the turn in some situations? Even if I knew he was a certified maniac I'd rather raise the flop. If he has JJ or less your raise will actually have value.