PDA

View Full Version : Come laugh at my idiocy...

chesspain
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Paradise 10+1...blinds are 100/200...I'm the chip leader in the SB with T3490, BB is right behind me with T3355, UTG has T2010, whereas Button has T1145.

On to the hand...UTG folds, Buttons folds, I receive K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise T800...BB calls. We're heads up to the flop for a pot of T1600.

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet T675, BB calls (pot=T2950)

[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, BB bets T900, I call (pot=T4750)

[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, BB bets all-in for his last T900, I call...

Of course, he shows Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and I bust out on the next hand with my little stack of T135.

Count my mistakes:

1. Checkcalling the turn, after thinking "he could have a midpair and think I have AK...[and] or maybe he's on a flush draw and attempting to bluff me out."

2. Checkcalling the river, given my refusal to believe I'm beat, "since the pot is huge and that's a good bluffing scare card if I ever saw one."

3. Tangling with the one player out of three who could cripple me, especially given his previously weak-tight play, which makes any of the above fancy plays quite unlikely.

4. Tangling with this same player when another player is only five big bets from busting out and placing me into the money.

5. Refusing to believe that this non-tricky player called a PF raise HU with Qx.

You can laugh...It's O.K. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JaneDow
04-07-2004, 03:32 AM
With QQ on the flop he clearly only called you because he thought you might have had a queen with a higher kicker but yes I do think your checkcall on the turn was the giveaway to him and it was at that point that he knew you didn't have the queen and all he had to do from there is try to extract maximum value. On the river had you maybe tried to go all-in trying to show him that you had the flush I'd say you could've maybe pulled it back there.

JaneDow
04-07-2004, 03:43 AM
Although I think he was in too deep already on the river and he would have called you even if you had gone for the flush bluff.

LOL, your check-call turn should have been a check-fold, but it is hard not to get married to pocket cowboys isn't it?