PDA

View Full Version : 9 10 un. un stands for unconventional

Inthacup
04-06-2004, 03:55 PM
A part of me thinks that if you're going to play 10 9un, it should be played like this. Another part of me says that I'm too aggressive for my own good. You be the judge:

5-10 game, now 5-handed.

UTG folds, I open raise with 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Button foils my blind steal and 3-bets. Button is fairly loose and fairly aggressive. His 3-bet doesn't mean all that much to me. SB folds, BB calls, I call.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, Button raises, BB folds, I 3-bet, Button calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, BB calls.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, BB calls.

He shows A /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I drag the pot.

Given the fact that I open raised with 10 9un, what would you have done with this hand? Thanks.

Cup

stoxtrader
04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
given that fact. I would play it that way.

Given my way, I wouldn't be given that fact.

Inthacup
04-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Are you saying that you would *never* open raise with this hand in this position?

Cup

naphand
04-06-2004, 05:04 PM
This is a blind steal that has outs to confuse and embarrass your enemy who defends with his A.

I prefer to see co-ordinated suits, obviously, but I guess if you can steal-raise and catch a flop like this when you fail, then more grist to your mill, say I.

calvin
04-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey,

Looks good to me. I try to never open limp, so if I am going to play a hand, it's for a raise. If I happen to miss a few flops against some over zealous blinds, then I usually end up getting more action with by big hands later. Likewise, it becomes much more difficult to put me on a hand if I only open raise or fold.

I think smaller connectors are worth an open raise with decent position every now and again for these reasons: You can win the blinds, or win the pot with a flop bet; you can get away from your hand easily if you start to encounter some action; it becomes difficult for your opponents to put you on a hand; your opponents will give you more action if they are thinking "oh, this LAG over here open raises with so many hands, there is no way he as a premium hand here."

Calvin

NLSoldier
04-07-2004, 12:18 AM
I like the fact that you didnt open limp with it, but i dont think id make a habit of open raising with 9To either. Post flop i think you played it fine.

Schneids
04-07-2004, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you give much thought to checking the river in hopes of inducing a bluff and/or saving a bet on the river by an opponent that is beating you but afraid to value bet because of the aggression you previously showed?

lil'
04-07-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm sure you don't need a lecture on the pros and cons of open raising with 10-9o. You felt the time was right to do it and did it, and sometimes it is right to raise with such a hand.

The important this is, you played the hand post-flop very well, and you have an overaggressive opponent who is willing to call you down with a weak ace. Who could ask for more?

Nice hand.

stoxtrader
04-07-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that you would *never* open raise with this hand in this position?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 handed in my current game of 10/20 party? I think the answer is yes, I would *never* open raise this hand. I did have to think about it though. Funny though, it's *almost* always worth a blind steal to me on the button.

I wonder how much stronger blind steal hands in CO need to be than on button? in other words how much does 1 player left to act hurt the hand?