PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars 5+.50 NLHE

sublime
04-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Quick question, I dont have the specifics but this is the unofficial version.

6 of us left in a tourney, I am in the BB with Ah6d and check. Flop is 347 (all hearts) giving me the nut draw. I throw a decent sized bet out and it gets called with an all in push. I respect this guys raise, but if I fold it puts me on the brink.

I call and dont catch the flush, villian had a set of 3's

Any thoughts?

M.B.E.
04-08-2004, 12:30 PM
It all depends on how many chips were in the pot for you to win, divided by the amount it was for you to call. That said, I usually am calling here with a gutshot and nut-flush draw, against typical opponents. You have to figure that if your opponent flopped a flush he doesn't want to scare you off with an all-in raise. His most likely hand is an overpair including one heart. But if your opponent has been playing very cautious, consider folding unless your pot odds are quite high.

Phil Van Sexton
04-08-2004, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I respect this guys raise, but if I fold it puts me on the brink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before making your bet on the flop, you needed to ask "what happens if someone pushes in?" If the answer is "call", then you should just push all-in to begin with.

You shouldn't ever bet an amount to put yourself in this position. You should either make a smaller bet so that you can fold to an all-in, or go all-in yourself.

Anyway, once you are in this position, I would probably fold. It depends on what you mean by "brink", but I hate calling an all-in from a solid player with just a draw.