PDA

View Full Version : Hey Presto! Good Times Return

naphand
04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
A really hard grind today, plenty of tough beats, but I played just the one table a forced myself to play a very solid tight game. This is one had I was pleased with, comments appreciated: good, indifferent or evidence of my suspected LAGness.

PokerStars $1/$2 6 Max - 6 seated.

This table is playing much tighter than most and lacks a significant level of aggression (% seeing flop around 35%). I had to keep my game together.

BB is loose PF but plays well after, he is steadily bleeding the table; MP is unknown but first impressions are he is loose and passive, maybe scales not sure yet; CO is tight/passive he cannot win money as he rarely puts chips in in any quantity, calls too much as well; Button is a TOTAL MORON, he buys in for $10 over and over and I am staying on this table as long as he is here.

I get 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB

UTG folds, MP limps, CO folds, Button folds, I complete, BB raises, MP calls. I call.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, BB bets, MP calls, I CR, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB folds, MP calls.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, MP folds.

Standard? I though for a second at the River 3, but he has not got another 5 so no straight there, I figured Ax. The plan was to CR a friendly flop, and it worked out very well, esp. the very friendly Turn and River. Makes a nice change...

PS for those who read my "Charlie Brown" thread, after today I am convinced that some parts of my game had deteriorated into LAGness, my play felt very different today and I paid much closer attention to the other players, there were a few hands where I just dumped the cards when I was calling or even bluff-raising previously, and there were a few more EP/MP folds (maybe too many) and an avoidance of draws except where the pot warranted. Thanks for all your comments.