PDA

View Full Version : Boring (?) KQ hand

Nate tha' Great
04-06-2004, 05:43 AM
15/30 online, 5-handed.

I get K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

Reasonable player raises in the CO. Unknown cold calls on the Button. LAG moron cold calls in SB. I call.

El flopo es:

3 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks to you.

Decision #1: bet or check-raise?

Okay, say you checked. Maybe that wasn't the right play but you checked. CO checks too. You don't necessarily read this for his being tricky; he's willing to give up on flops that miss him. But the Button bets.

Decision #2: follow through on check-raise or wait for the turn?

thanks,
Nate

stripsqueez
04-06-2004, 06:14 AM
i like check and then raise - i dont have the cosmos and i'm in a bad position - i'm happy to take it down anytime soon - if the cutoff calls 2 cold or 3 bets i will get scared - either way its a pianola

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Schneids
04-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Follow through with the check raise, even if the SB calls. It looks like CO would be getting pretty close to the right odds to call one bet on the flop with AT or something like that (ok, easily the odds for AT/AJ if his ace is clean... so, close to the odds for an Ax), so, I'd rather make him call two if he's holding something like that.

I think checking or betting the flop are both reasonable options and it's best to simply mix up how you do it.