PDA

View Full Version : Did I play these PP well?

Luzion
04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Luzion is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Luzion calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Luzion bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Luzion bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Luzion checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between SB, Luzion and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Luzion (6.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3d 2s (one pair, twos).
Luzion shows 9d 9h (one pair, nines).
MP3 shows Ac 9c (high card, ace).
Outcome: Luzion wins 6.50 BB. </font>

I was planning to check-call on the river after the King came on the turn. I was a little scared that someone held a King w/ low kicker and would raise me if I bet into them again on the river. Did I miss out on a bet on the river? What would you do if you were raised after betting on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Luzion is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Luzion 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Luzion bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Luzion checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Luzion folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.25 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by MP2.</font>

My opponent thought for about 20 seconds after I bet into him on the flop. I put him on an Ace w/ a decent kicker. Probably did not hold a club. Should I have bet into him again on the turn and see if he would fold or not? Or was my check-fold on the turn appropriate?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Luzion is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Luzion calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Luzion calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Luzion bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Luzion bets</font>, MP3 calls $1.25 (All-In), BB calls.

River: (8.37 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Luzion checks.

Final Pot: 8.37 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.62 BB, between BB, Luzion and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (7.62 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.75 BB, between BB and Luzion.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (0.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 5c 5h (flush, jack high).
Luzion shows 8s 8c (three of a kind, eights).
MP3 shows Ah 3d (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 7.62 BB. BB wins 0.75 BB. </font>

How was my play here? I was very scared on the turn, but I still chose to bet into them because I felt I had good pot odds to river a full house. Is there anything I should've done differently?

Keats13
04-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Hand 1: Well played. Check/calling the river after your turn bet was called is the right play here. It's very unlikely that a hand you beat is going to call again, and you may induce someone to bet into you with a 7, 5, or even Ace high.

Hand 2: Folding probably isn't horrible with this small pot, out of position against a pre-flop raiser on a board that has missed you by just over a mile. If you had a specific read on this player (e.g. he would play KQo or JJ this way if 1 of them was a club), you could maybe fire again on the turn. Maybe this time he'll think for 20 seconds and fold. If he calls, you can check/call the river unless a 4th club or something else horrible falls. I'm least sure about this one, and it's the kind of hand that usually gets me into trouble. You probably lost less than I would have.

Hand 3: I'm check-calling the turn, and check-folding the river unimproved against 2 players.

sthief09
04-06-2004, 12:23 AM
1: bet the river
2: bet the turn. how can you check and fold the turn? I honestly can't believe that you'd fold here

1/2 = micro-limit for future reference