PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys

aslowjoe
04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
I have been mostly a lurker past few months and have read the post's everyday. Also read a couple of books but have found the 2+2 forum more informative for my goals. I don't have my stats in front of me but my 1st 200 sng's ave about $3 a game. With the advice of many I bought poker tracker, got more aggresive with pre flop raises, followed the advice of conservative early and aggresive late. My last 50 games my roi is nearly 100%. While I know I am just running abit hot right now you guys have definetly brought my game up a couple of levels.
Now a question. While I'm not going to jump the gun for at least another 50 games I was going to either ad another table, I am presently playing two. Or I am going to drop back to one and play the $30 table. I find even when I play 2 tables sometimes I get fixated on one and ignore the other a bit.
Also what is the highest roi one could expect for a $10 game over any length of time. Which I guess will help me answer my first question. Because, I am thinking why swim with sharks if you swim with the dolphins.
Thanks again guys

t_perkin
04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
ROI:

fair = 20% - 30%

good = 30% - 35%

very good = 35% - 40%

excellent = 40% - 50%

impossible = > 50%

in fact greater than 45% is probably impossible in the long run.

make sure you are including the fee in your calculations!

$30+3 games are definately harder than $10+1. I play at $30+3, and I am starting to move more towards Stars. The games are getting tougher at Party and the structure makes it less skillful than Stars.

Tim

Prickly Pete
04-06-2004, 03:40 PM
I think Tim's scale is a pretty good indicator for low limits. And I think it skews a little as you move up. In other words, anything over 25% is doing very well at the $100 / $200 levels (at least, in my opinion it is).

t_perkin
04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah sorry. My scale was meant for $30 and less at stars or party.
(which is what he was looking for I think)

no personal experience higher than that so I wont comment.

tim