PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to talk about bad beats?

h_ven
04-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok, I've been reading some of the messages posted, and I want to tell you about a bad beat. I was a Party Poker at a NL $50 table. I was in last position, someone raises $4 and one calls in front of me. Im on the button so I raise to $15 with AA. The raiser folds and the caller calls my $15 bet. The flop comes Kd 8h 8s. So it's a rainbow flop. I figure he doesn't have an 8. So I bet $20 at the approx. $35 pot. He raises all in for a total of $36. So I call, he has Kh 6h. He gets 2 running hearts to make his back door flush. I know all I had was a pair of aces, but please tell me if I played it wrong. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jdl22
04-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Firstly, post this in the Pot - No Limit forum. You'll get more NL advice there.

Played it fine though.

Mikey
04-06-2004, 08:26 AM
That is one of the worst bad beats I've seen. So basically the only way you could have lost it was by that guy who was so stupid to stay in there with that hand first of all.

And the only way he could win was by catching HEart, Heart.
I hate that crap.

I hope you told the guy what you had.

What did he say afterwards?

cartoonsoldier
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
I had a bad experience at Poker Stars once.

Was playing 5/1 tourny, single table. I am middle position and dealt AA. There are two raises before me of around 250. I go all-in.

Everybody folds except a call from a guy holding 9,10 offsuit.

He turns/rivers two pair /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Uston
04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
And the only way he could win was by catching HEart, Heart.

...or a king, or running sixes. I'm sure most online multi-tablers have taken worse beats in the last week.

mmanne
04-06-2004, 01:56 PM