PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker regulars?

lefty rosen
04-05-2004, 07:24 PM
I haven't played at this site since September? I was wondering are the low limit games as dumb as ever? I was thinking of the 2/4 and 3/6 level games, more specifically the short table games. Anyone who plays here any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

PapaSan
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
its the same as its been since day 1

Tosh
04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
The 5/10 is ridiculous and the higher limits can be too. I've played tables with 85% players on average seeing the flop.

Webster
04-05-2004, 09:35 PM
same

thirddan
04-05-2004, 10:21 PM
i play 2/4 there and the tables are usualy 60-80% for the flop, crappy players...

rusty JEDI
04-05-2004, 11:04 PM
The cashouts take longer than any other site.
The software only allows you 1 table.
They dont offer any No limit.
They have Limit satelites for No Limit events.
The play is less hands per hour than most sites.
They dont offer hand histories you can keep/store.
You must leave the table to see a hand history.
They give you a crazy password you cant change.
The bonus is very tough to clear.
Those fish are mine so leave them alone.

rJ

Webster
04-06-2004, 07:19 AM
rusty JEDI - I agree with EVERYTHING except

Only reason for this is because 7 and 8 people are seeing the flop. Big difference when twice the amout of hands are thought? about.

StevieG
04-06-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rusty JEDI - I agree with EVERYTHING except

Only reason for this is because 7 and 8 people are seeing the flop. Big difference when twice the amout of hands are thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pacific is just slower. Equivalent games with the same number seeing the flop elsewhere move more quickly.

Just processing blinds and posts serially rather than in parallel probably reduces the frequency by at least one hand per hour.

ThePimpulator
04-20-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just processing blinds and posts serially rather than in parallel probably reduces the frequency by at least one hand per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with when people have auto-folded: round the folds go one after the other unlike the almost instantaneous folds on, say, Party.

Only played Party and Pacific but that Pacific software is just painful. It simply must eat into the hand count.

And yes, from my limited experience the 5-10 Pacific can often resemble the 0.5-1 at Party! Its stunning. If you beat 2-4 Party, definitely hit the 5-10 Pacific.

ThePimpulator.

rigoletto
04-20-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i play 2/4 there and the tables are usualy 60-80% for the flop, crappy players...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they figure their flop%? The games are loose but the % allways seems way over the top when you actually sit in the game.

Tosh
04-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I think what happens is that the fish that made the % so high have busted and been replaced by better players who were drawn to the high %.

rigoletto
04-20-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think what happens is that the fish that made the % so high have busted and been replaced by better players who were drawn to the high %.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think there is seriously something wrong with the way it is calculated. I've been siting at tables that was at 40% at the most for at least 1/2 hour and it'd still show 50-60% in the list.

thirddan
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
im not sure how they calculate or how often the table stats update, but i have never been at a table where they were incredibly off...Last night i was at a table where it was 60% and the average pot was around $53 (this is a 2/4 table) it wasn't uncommon for once every couple orbits to have 7/8 limpers...

lefty rosen
04-20-2004, 05:23 PM
I think they keep table stats from the minute the table starts until he breaks up. So those stats are warped if it was short then goes full, or vice versa