PDA

View Full Version : Limit HE Tourney Play Question AQs

wayne227
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm a very new player (less than a month), and I played a limit hold 'em tournament this last weekend. I wanted to see if I did the right thing with the play that took me out of the tourney.

Set up: 10 person table. $15 buy-in ($200 chips) rebuys allowed up to break. we were at $100 / $200 blinds when I got booted. I believe I was in position 8.

I was dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. A few people called, I raised, they called. Flop came up Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The first caller (seat 2 or 3) bet, everyone else folded, I raised, he called. Just the two of us now. The Turn brought 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He bet, I raised, he re-raised. At this point I had $600 left in chips and it was a $400 call to me. There was no danger of a flush or straight. I assumed that he had a queen and that I had the better kicker. So I re-raised all-in. We turn the cards over and he's showing Q /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the full house. The River brought a deuce - no help. I was out.

So, did I do the right thing? The only thing I could have done differently in my mind would have been to recognize that he had the full house with his re-raise and saved my last $600, which would have left me very short. And in retrospect, even if I did put him on the full house, I probably would have called him anyway given the size of the pot and the chance that an ace could pop up. ...and he could have simply had a lower kicker. Thoughts...?

Tosh
04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Well this is the wrong forum but you need to be more specific on a lot of points as well. Specifically how many is a 'few' limpers and what stacks are you and they on.

Nottom
04-05-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Specifically how many is a 'few' limpers and what stacks are you and they on.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could any of this make how he played this hand any less correct?

This hand was played perfectly as far as I'm concerned. The only fault I see is that he didn't recognize the possiblity of J9 making a straight, not that it should change his play here.

Tosh
04-05-2004, 08:30 PM
EDIT: Nm.