PDA

View Full Version : what odds u need to know

coach
04-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi,
I have pot odds down pat for drawing hands, i have notice in some posts people state with % what a oppent probably has, how do the come up with this #?
My point is I want to be sure I undersatnd all the math I need to know to better my game.So what is a thought pattern process relating to odds when your delt a hand, from start to finish? IE;
your delt jhjd (thought procces ) you raise 2 callers.
Flop Ac 7s 2d ( odds/% thought process) you bet 1 raiser other folds.
turn 7D (thought process)
river jc thought proces)
What iam looking for is what odds and %s i should be focousing on. Thanks in advance if anyone undersatands what I am asking and responds.
coach

SossMan
04-05-2004, 05:18 PM
english only, please. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

karlson
04-06-2004, 11:23 AM
I understand what you're asking, and there's no simple answer. You can't just use a formula to find out the probability that an opponent holds a certain hand. However, you might, for instance, realize that raising JTo first in is not very good because (at least one reason is) it's too likely that at least one opponent has a much better hand.

After that, you will have processes like "How likely is it that my opponent called on this flop, and will now fold the turn?" You may realize the answer is virtually zero.

You should try reading an introductory book, or read some posts on the small stakes forum.