PDA

View Full Version : Question.

TTMAN
04-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Can anyone recomend me any books on single table tournaments?

TTMAN
04-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Anyone?

TTMAN
04-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks for all the help.

Prickly Pete
04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
I don't know of any. I know McEvoy has a satellite book that I haven't read, but I don't know if the focus is on multitable or one-table sats.

TylerD
04-07-2004, 01:46 PM
No-one can recommend one because there aren't any. I think Tom McEvoy has written a book on satellite strategy, but the winner takes all approach to satellites is very different to the strategy needed for typical online sit-and-gos.

CountDuckula
04-07-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, did you want everyone who didn't know the answer to respond by saying, "Gee, sorry, I don't know"? I think dead silence is a good indication that either there is no such book, or nobody here knows of one. I've certainly never heard of one. I do try to be helpful, but when I don't know the answer (as opposed to thinking I do but being wrong, and thus sticking my foot in my mouth /images/graemlins/grin.gif), I just keep quiet. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

-Mike

William
04-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Mcevoy and Daugherty have recently written a book about satellite strategy. I have just got it a few days ago and havent had the chance to really evaluate it.
As it is the only book (so far) debating this specific subject, I suggest you read it. Even if it should turn out to be bad, which I doubt, Mcevoy writes interesting stuff normally, you just have to be able to take it to the next level, it is the only one available and there will always be something to learn from it.

In a couple of weeks, when I have had time to read it, I might post a comment about it in this forum.

Take care,
William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
There really aren't any. The best education you can get on tourneys, both SNG's and multi's is right here at 2+2. The most cogent reason for this is that the process here is interractive, something you can't get from a book.

La Brujita
04-07-2004, 03:00 PM
As has been mentioned there is not a single book but I would probably read the following books (in the order listed) to become a winning one tabler at nl he.

Basic Texts (required reading)

1. Theory of Poker
2. Hold'em Poker
3a. PL NL Hold'em
3b. Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players
5. Tournament Poker for Advanced Players

___

Electives

6. Improve your poker
7. Poker Essays series
8. Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker
9. Perhaps the Mcevoy Cloutier books (but I have a very low opinion of them)

I will edit this or add any I think I missed.

Best regards