PDA

View Full Version : How about the Sopranos this year...

blackaces13
04-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I think this season has been fantastic. A triumphant return after last season's lack luster episodes. Not many major whackings this season but still more than enough going on in each episode to leave me feeling satisfied and eagerly awaiting more. The best show on TV by far, and maybe of all time.

HDPM
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Much better than the last season IMO. The last 2 episodes have been very good. I was hoping for a bigger role for Feech LaManna, I wonder if they'll somehow get him back. He was vile. The new cousin Tony played by Buscemi is a great developing character.

Jezebel
04-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Anyone taking odds on most likely character to get whacked this season?

I have to believe the odds on favorite has to be Adreanna at 3 to 2. Bonus if she is whacked by Christopher.

MaxPower
04-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'm actually enjoying the show this year. Last night's episode was one of the best ever. The scenes with Tony and Christopher were amazing. I don't know about that Steve Buscemi character. For someone who wants out of the mafia, he's awfully involved.

MaxPower
04-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I think it is only a matter of time before Christopher kills Paulie.

HDPM
04-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Adrianna is the favorite. I think the new cousin Tony will do it if she gets it. But she may survive to make things bleak in hte final season. Imperioli said he wanted the ending of the series to be dark. If that is the case (and he writes some of the episodes) they will keep Christopher and Aid alive to screw things up royally in the end. Kill them off and you have a nice happy mafia family eating sandwiches at the Bing counting money. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jezebel
04-05-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If that is the case (and he writes some of the episodes) they will keep Christopher and Aid alive to screw things up royally in the end. Kill them off and you have a nice happy mafia family eating sandwiches at the Bing counting money

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always felt that they will end the series with Tony behind bars. Maybe they are setting it up so that Chris turns State evidence against Tony? Last nights episode introduced a lot of tension between Tony and Chris. Maybe Chris soon realizes that he might be on the whack list and witness protection is not a bad idea.

Jesus...I sound like my wife recapping soap operas /images/graemlins/confused.gif

blackaces13
04-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Paulie ain't going nowhere. Way too strong of a character, if he gets it it will be at the tail end of the final season. Last seaon when no one knew if there even would be another season I think they were laying the groundwork for a Paulie death. But now that there is another season after this one they have made sure to make everyone around Paulie nice and copasetic. Walnuts is here for the duration. Just look at his face, they can't kill that guy. No way.

CCass
04-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I have been hooked on The Soprano's from the beginning. Possibly the best dramatic/adult themed show ever. During the tense scenes between Tony and Chriotpher last night, I said to myself "If they kill Christopher, I am not watching another episode". I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I was a little disappointed with Tony doing Coke, we haven't seen any drug use from his character previously, and I wonder how this will be used for the remainder of the series. Is this part of his ultimate downfall?

HDPM
04-05-2004, 05:44 PM
I wasn't really surprised tony did the coke for some reason. Maybe because he's doing his mid life bachelor thing.

Tony should have pulled the trigger. Christopher is an obvious cancer in the organization - has been, will be. I thought it was the end for him until massage boy used logic and reason. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

WillMagic
04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
What's really amazed me is how good Deadwood is. If you aren't watching the show AFTER the Sopranos, then you are definitely missing out. It's really good...i don't know if it's quite as good as The Sopranos, but it's definitely the second-best show on television...after three episodes.

Check it out.

Will

thirddan
04-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Tony has mentioned in season 4 i think that he has done coke with christopher before...it may have been the episode where Tony kills Ralph...

thirddan
04-05-2004, 08:29 PM
i wouldnt mind if they killed paulie, that guy is a weirdo...what was with him hanging the pic of tony and the horse? hes got issues...

MaxPower
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Paulie Walnuts will be whacked. The fact that you don't see it coming is proof that it will happen.

I also think the Steve Buscemi character is destined to die this season.

stripsqueez
04-05-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paulie Walnuts will be whacked. The fact that you don't see it coming is proof that it will happen

[/ QUOTE ]

i've wanted paulie dead ever since he was caught sniffing girls underpants

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Vehn
04-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Obviously steve will get killed at the end of the year. He's this season's ritchie.

blackaces13
04-06-2004, 04:58 AM
You guys are both wrong. Steve Bushemi and Walnuts will both be alive and well at the conclusion of this season. It would be too morbid and negative for the show to kill a mild mannered guy who is legitimately trying to turn his life around after 20 years in jail by being a massage therapist.

The only way the new Tony gets it is if he slips back into the mob life against his better judgement, which may happen but somehow I doubt it.

Bottom line on Paulie and Bushemi, get used to them.

MaxPower
05-17-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are both wrong. Steve Bushemi and Walnuts will both be alive and well at the conclusion of this season. It would be too morbid and negative for the show to kill a mild mannered guy who is legitimately trying to turn his life around after 20 years in jail by being a massage therapist.

The only way the new Tony gets it is if he slips back into the mob life against his better judgement, which may happen but somehow I doubt it.

Bottom line on Paulie and Bushemi, get used to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

blackaces13,

Care to change your mind yet? Is there any doubt that Tony B is getting whacked?