PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with a Calling Station

JEM7VSBL
04-05-2004, 12:48 PM
how do you deal with those calling stations that won't raise against you? i know i would have lost a few more bets against a better player here.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JEM is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
JEM calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, JEM raises, MP1 calls, BB calls.

for some reason, i've been doing a lot more raising on the flop, especially if i hit the top pair. control of the hand is gooood.....

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, JEM bets, MP1 calls, BB folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
JEM bets, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between JEM and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (8.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
JEM shows Qh Jh (full house, sixes full of queens).
MP1 shows Ad As (full house, sixes full of aces).
Outcome: MP1 wins 8.75 BB. </font>

you'd expect a reasonable player to 3bet the flop and raise my turn bet, but here he just calls down to the river....is MP1 trying to keep me in the hand?

here's my analysis on what would have happened had we both played correctly (i think...): he 3 bets flop, i call. turn comes, i'd bet out, he'd raise, i'd fold to a likely overpair (given that he raised the dang aces preflop)

what do you all think?