PDA

View Full Version : Phil Helmuth

Steven Punk
04-05-2004, 12:26 PM
This pro has a strong drive to win but very little control over his emotions when he loses.

I can understand why people don't like him or enjoy seeing him lose but I don't undestand those that feel he is talentless as a Tourney Pro.

I invite all peasants to speak their mind on this subject.

Tyler Durden
04-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Nobody thinks he is talentless as a tourney pro.

whiskeytown
04-05-2004, 01:15 PM
there's no denying his talent ( 9 WSOP wins and the money leader) -

In the end, it's totally his attitude - and like he said in the weeks Card Player magazine - 49 of the 50 hrs. you play with him, he's a good guy - it's that 50th hr when the cameras are on and the flashbulbs go off...

so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...he seems to be trying - but in no way would I not consider him very good at poker playing

Oski
04-05-2004, 01:25 PM
This topic is probably about as old as the castle you own.

Boris
04-05-2004, 01:33 PM
I've never played with Hellmuth so I have no comment. I have however played with TJ Cloutier on several occaisions and I can't figure why no one complains about this guy. I mean the guy is just one bad beat story after another. He never stops complaining about his bad cards and his bad luck. It's truely a pain in the ass to play at TJ's table. At least Hellmuth is fun to laugh at when he throws a temper tantrum. TJ is also notorious for hitting you up for a buy-in if he senses you are fresh meat and thus clueless. I've never heard of Hellmuth groveling for a buy-in, but that doesn't mean he hasn't done so.

toots
04-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I think he's a great poker player.

It's just that when you go to the trouble of painting a target on your back, you shouldn't be surprised when people take potshots at it.

Rushmore
04-05-2004, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I invite all peasants to speak their mind on this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'll be invited to reply to another post at another time, then.

thetman
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Phil's talent is undenialable...so is his ability to lose control from time to time and say stupid things.

jwvdcw
04-05-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TJ is also notorious for hitting you up for a buy-in if he senses you are fresh meat and thus clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard this from? Not doubting you, just never heard of it.

hillbilly
04-05-2004, 09:47 PM
but do you have any "grey poupon"?

Boris
04-05-2004, 10:20 PM
I know two people who were asked by TJ for a buy-in. I have no reason to doubt them.

bagger
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This topic is probably about as old as the castle you own.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol