PDA

View Full Version : Time for a PT stats dump!

Packerfan1
04-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Its been at least a week since anyone posted way too many partially useful PT statistics to overanalyze and compare, so in honor of breaking the 50,000 hand barrier at the 5/10 6max games, I'll throw mine out there first.

Also- I'm looking for a regular 6max player and poster to do what someone (sorry, I forgot who) did with David Ross a few months ago. Namely take a bunch of my histories and select hands I played to discuss. In David's case I think it brought up issues he didnt know he had, and thats more helpful than picking hands on my own. I'd return the favor if anyone is interested. Anyways on to stats...

Hands 51,798
BB/100 hands: 2.47 (so figure $37 an hour with 2 tables)
VP$IP: 21.93%
PF raise: 9.12%
Won $ WSF: 32.85%
Went to SD: 29.87%
Won $ at SD: 56.75%

Aggression factors:
Preflop: .61 (Stripsqueez will yell at me for this one)
Flop 3.06
Turn 2.99
River 1.71

Position stats: BB/hand
Button: .12
Cutoff: .10
B-2: .09
B-3: .10
BB: (.14)
SB: (.07)

Useless Hand info:
Most money won: $6,566 AA 80.32%
Most money lost: ($608) K2o
Hand received most: T3o-527 times (AKo is next!-517)

Total rake taken off my tables: $71,711.50 (Sheesh!)

While I probably haven't played much with any of you (table selection remains a big part of my game /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ), any comments from the few times we may have crossed paths are also always welcome.

Let me know if you want to be my hand critic! Thanks.

Pack

Wolf
04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
~Bump~

Nick B.
04-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I only have 92 hands on you and most of them are pretty straightforward.
You lost AA to flopped straight of LAG.

You raised w/ TT and got threebet by a player and called him down with with a J on the board. The player is passive postflop and you called him down after he bet into you each street. He had AJ.

You flopped top pair with Q2 from the BB (unraised pot), and check called it down and lost to K7. I think you could put in a bet on the flop.

That is about it. Nothing left to see here.

Packerfan1
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
I remember the TT vs AJ hand. You're absolutely right. I should have raised the J-high flop and folded to a 3-bet. Worst hand I played all session. Thanks. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pack

stripsqueez
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
you are a big nancy pre-flop

what i find interesting about your stats compared to mine is the number of pots you win - i see a few more flops - just a tad more - my went to showdown is around 35% and my won money when see flop is about 39.5% for the 5/10 game - my won money at showdown is a bit lower around 53%

your bottom line is great although for the 5/10 game mine was more than double but that is only 10,000 odd hands

i figure you are conservative on the flop particularly with those hands you have limped with - if you dont hit something on the flop you are giving up more than me - if you do hit something you play it hard - i suppose i am an effective bully because i win a lot more pots like i said

ultimately i think your stats are good and that you play an effective style - its probably more a purists style of getting out quickly when you dont hit and/or relying on your ability to read your opponents more post flop than the shotgun approach that i generally employ

i dont quite understand the aggression factor stuff - i've read the description in pokertracker but havent bothered thinking too much about it - although you are a pre-flop nancy you clearly know how to spew chips post flop when neccesary

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Gramps
04-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Wow, I only have 13,500 hands in, but our stats are very similar. I'm also a bit of a panzy shorthanded, if I don't raise PF and miss, I tend to let it go right away.

Looks like I play a couple % fewer hands, and raise a couple of % more of the hands I do play. Hoping that's why my Won $ WSF % and Won $ at SD% are higher, instead of some short-run upswing. Good to know I'm close in stats to someone who's done well over 50k hands, makes me feel like I'm on the right track...although I already appreciate the fact that there's a sh-tload of variance in this game...

VP$IP: 21.93% vs. <font color="red"> 19.12% </font>
PF raise: 9.12% vs. <font color="red"> 10.88% </font>
Won $ WSF: 32.85% vs. <font color="red"> 36.97% </font>
Went to SD: 29.87% vs. <font color="red"> 31.58% </font>
Won $ at SD: 56.75% vs. <font color="red"> 58.23% </font>

Aggression factors:
Preflop: .61 vs. <font color="red"> 1.05 </font>
Flop 3.06 vs. <font color="red"> 3.25 </font>
Turn 2.99 vs. <font color="red"> 2.97 </font>
River 1.71 vs. <font color="red"> 1.72 </font>

Schneids
04-06-2004, 12:06 AM
I would just like to say that the way the PF aggression factor is calculated is bunk.

I have raised PF 13.8% of the time, yet, because I'm a liberal blind defender, my aggression factor is only .78 PF.

I think you people that have PF raise %'s around mine, yet have significantly higher aggression factors, need to loosen up and call a few more raises out of your blinds (I am talking when it is 3-5 way for two bets). There are lots of profitable situations where overaggro maniacs will keep betting/raising, just because they raised PF, and you can get some nice wins with these so-called-cheese hands (Such as 86o, J8o -- I'm not talking stuff like 84o).

That is all I have.

EDIT: Likewise, loosen up when it's going to be HU against the raiser (assuming loose/frequent PF raiser).

stripsqueez
04-06-2004, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that the way the PF aggression factor is calculated is bunk.

I have raised PF 13.8% of the time, yet, because I'm a liberal blind defender, my aggression factor is only .78 PF.

I think you people that have PF raise %'s around mine, yet have significantly higher aggression factors, need to loosen up and call a few more raises out of your blinds (I am talking when it is 3-5 way for two bets)

[/ QUOTE ]

so what are your numbers for win/lose in the SB and BB ?

i'll be impressed if they are significantly lower than packerfans - i agree with your analysis

Schneids
04-06-2004, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think you people that have PF raise %'s around mine, yet have significantly higher aggression factors, need to loosen up and call a few more raises out of your blinds (I am talking when it is 3-5 way for two bets)

[/ QUOTE ]

so what are your numbers for win/lose in the SB and BB ?

i'll be impressed if they are significantly lower than packerfans - i agree with your analysis

[/ QUOTE ]

All position stats for SH 2004:
Shorthanded 2004:
Button: .11BB
1: .1BB
2: .15BB
3: .06BB
BB: (.07)
SB: (.07)

Shorthanded Lifetime:
Button: .12
1: .09
2: .14
3: .10
BB: (.13)
SB: (.08)
I distinguish the two just because I feel my game has made significant strides in recent months, especially as I've posted more and read more in this particular forum.

I still stand by my statements regarding blind defense -- hence, I call more out of the BB and so that lowers my aggression level PF. It gets made up for postflop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vehn
04-06-2004, 01:18 AM
I dont have enough hands but my A.F. for 10/20 6 max is:

PF 2.5
F 5.4
T 7.1
R 3.5
overall 3.8

my VP$IP is 25% and my win rate is ridiculously inflated at the moment.

Schneids
04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont have enough hands but my A.F. for 10/20 6 max is:

PF 2.5
F 5.4
T 7.1
R 3.5
overall 3.8

my VP$IP is 25% and my win rate is ridiculously inflated at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I watch you play? Looking at these numbers, I am envisioning some mega-fireworks. How are these numbers even possible?
Wait. I get it. You're making fun of us... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vehn
04-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Nevermind I screwed up. Apparently PT doesn't actually count the pokerstars 6 max tables as 6 max tables and I'm too dumb to set up the filter I guess. Oh well.

But yes there are often fireworks.

Packerfan1
04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you are a big nancy pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer "Sissy-Mary" thank you very much.

With how loose many of these 6max players are, I still believe there are correct times to limp... but I am deciding that they are fewer and fewer.

[ QUOTE ]
you clearly know how to spew chips post flop when neccesary

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I can spew with the best of them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One thing I'm sure I need work on is betting out from the blinds with one or two opponents more. Its improvements like that where someone else reviewing my hands would be helpful to say "Hey, did you ever think of doing this?"

Pack

Gramps
04-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Interesting. Looks like you make a good point about calling from the BB with more "apparent cheese hands." My BB is running at an ugly (.18) right now. Guess I'll stop being a panzy and call more raises.

With those J8o, 86o hands, are you only calling an aggressive (one that will keep auto-betting until played back at) CO/button raiser heads-up? What other factors are you using to make your decisions?

Schneids
04-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Gotta be an aggressive, frequent PF raiser, and someone who I know will often bet when checked to -- coincidentally enough, that describes 2/3 of my opponents in 10/20.

I will play in large pots, or if I'm going to be HU with the raiser. I'm more likely to fold 86o if it's just going to be HU, but I'm sure I'll play it sometimes.

Note that in either situations I am not advocating playing K2o or 83o.

kiddo
04-07-2004, 05:11 AM
My stats with yours in brackets:

Hands 53783 (51798)
BB/100: 2,9 (2.47)( I play 3 tables, last 250 hours 3.2BB/100, thanks to this forum and some more playing time)
VP$IP: 21.61% (21.93)
PF Raise: 12.09% (9,12)
WON $ WSF: 37.33% (32,85)
Went to SD: 35.35% (29.87)
Won $ at SD: 53.98% (56.75%)

Aggression F:
preflop: 0.99 (0.61)
flop: 2.71 (3.09)
turn: 2.55 (2.99)
river: 1.53 (1.71)

Position stats: BB/hand
Button: 0.14 (.12)
Cutoff: 0.09 (.10)
B-2: 0.07 (.09)
B-3: 0.07 (.10)
BB: -0.13 (.14)
SB: -0.05 (.07)

We got about same stats but I am a bit more aggressive preflop and a bit less aggressive on flop and turn.

But my winrate is a bit higher (0.4BB/table).

Why are you winning so much less with seen flop? Nearly 5% below me (and I know some guys are up at 40% here). And you are MORE aggressive then me, not less.

Part of it can be you are in more multiway pots, cause you raise a little less preflop. But also, you must be folding more then me. I think you win to often at showdown (I do 2).

About 60% of my hands are played from blinds or button. Im doing a little better then you here. You are doing a little better then me in the other positions. Dont ask me why.

We have only played 16 hands together. You only saw showdown once. You called from SB with T7o after some limpers, you flopped trip Ts (TT6 rainbow), you checked, button bet his 2nd pair (6s), you called, you checked again on turn (TT63), he (luckily) bet his pair again and he (stupidly) called your checkraise. On river was another 6 giving both you and him full house. You bet, and he for some reason didnt put you on the only hand there was except pocketpair and raises, you reraise, he calls.

Dont think you played this very good. Loose call preflop and small chance preflop limpers will call a turncheckraise with this board and big chance they will not bet turn at all. I like betting out from blind if I flop a good hand.

stripsqueez
04-07-2004, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF Raise: 12.09% (9,12)
WON $ WSF: 37.33% (32,85)
But my winrate is a bit higher (0.4BB/table

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks kiddo - the 'i told you so' rights are all mine

Nate tha' Great
04-07-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you winning so much less with seen flop? Nearly 5% below me (and I know some guys are up at 40% here). And you are MORE aggressive then me, not less.

Part of it can be you are in more multiway pots, cause you raise a little less preflop. But also, you must be folding more then me. I think you win to often at showdown (I do 2).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your preflop raise percentage will have a pretty damned large impact on your Win % WSF. The fewer opponents you're up against, the more often you're going to win. It's that simple.

I've kept my Win % WSF in the neighborhood of 41% for months and months but my showdown percentage is much lower, usually just a hair about 50%. Seems to make enough money for me that way.

kiddo
04-07-2004, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop raise percentage will have a pretty damned large impact on your Win % WSF. The fewer opponents you're up against, the more often you're going to win. It's that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And I think getting more aggressive - both preflop and later - is the key factor to win more at shorthanded for most of us players. (the normal problem for some of the very aggressive players are that they are to loose, not that they are to aggressive)

I have compared my first 30K hands (playing 2 tables 5/10, 6max) with my last 20K (now playing 3 tables).

My winrate has increased about 0.6BB/table (thank you forum). Since I now play 1 more table my winrate has increased 4.5BB (thank you again forum).

My preflop aggressionfactor (raise%/call%) has moved from 0.88 to 1.24.

I think this is 1 of the key factors to my increased winrate (If I stayed on 2 tables I guess my winrate would have made a even bigger jump).

I still got problems. For example I am not good enough at turn (turn is very hard to play I think, I semi-bluff way to little). And I fold to much on river. But I am working on it. We all are.

Inthacup
04-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Thought I would throw my Agression factor stats in there:

PF: 1.44
Flop: 3.82
Turn: 3.24
River: 2.11

Cup