PDA

View Full Version : 3-5 offsuit - Whoo hoo!

lil'
04-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Party 15-30 6 handed game. I toss in one more chip from the SB with 3-5o after 2 limpers.

The flop is 7-7-6. It's checked around to the button, a reasonable guy who is totally capable of betting overcards here, who bets. I check-raise.

stoxtrader
04-05-2004, 01:14 PM
54s I would. otherwise. yuck.

edit: forgot this was 15/30. I play everything here as well.

Schneids
04-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Is he reasonable enough to in turn put you on a steal check/raise, and frisky enough to play back at you?

If he is, he might be asking himself why you would dare try to limit the field if you had trips, and may be ignornant enough to want to put "your 6's" to the test.

lil'
04-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Is he reasonable enough to in turn put you on a steal check/raise, and frisky enough to play back at you?
Tough to say. At this table, everyone played very ABC poker, so my guess was he would not play back.

Just curious how often people would try something like this.

I enjoyed this hand, because one of the limpers cold-called, pretty much letting everyone know he had trips. I was ready to give up, when my gutshot came through on the turn. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Schneids
04-05-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious how often people would try something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes. Definitely at a table like what you've described though.
[ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed this hand, because one of the limpers cold-called, pretty much letting everyone know he had trips. I was ready to give up, when my gutshot came through on the turn. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well-played /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stripsqueez
04-05-2004, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough to say. At this table, everyone played very ABC poker, so my guess was he would not play back

[/ QUOTE ]

i find it hard to believe that you found a 15/30 6 max table at party where they all seemed like ABC players - i have never sat at this table - the party 15/30 6 max game contains the most bizarre players i have ever come across on-line

i watch the guy at the back steal pot after pot at these tables - i watch and i watch - eventually after i'm sure i havent done it for a long time and conditions feel right i do something like this - its not common in the 15/30 game though - its just not neccesary in my experience so far

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

lil'
04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
i find it hard to believe that you found a 15/30 6 max table at party where they all seemed like ABC players

I'm not making this up, I swear... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I agree that at a typical laggy 15-30 table this would be a dumb move.