PDA

View Full Version : Party NL $100 - Is it just me....?

JKratzer
04-05-2004, 02:59 AM
I haven't seen anyone else complain about the Party games, so maybe I'm just having some bad luck/cold cards/poor play...but it seems like the Party NL $100 have become more difficult to beat in the past month or so. I wasn't sure if it was my play or something else, so I played some $50 tables for a little bit. The $50 tables seemed very soft compared to the (current) $100, reminding me of how the $100 tables used to be. I was talking to another player on party and he was suggesting the change from 3 tables to 4 tables was a major cause for the decreased action. Something along the lines of more multitabling leads to tighter play.

My question is does anyone else think the games have changed, and if so, what might be the cause? Four tables or something else?

JKratzer

jomatty
04-05-2004, 05:28 AM
i dont have a good answer but i do know ive been getting killed in the 100 lately. i dont play it very much but often at the end of the night ill spend an hour or so there and ive been running really bad in that game. i havent noticed it to be that much tougher and have been attributing it to running bad in that game but who knows...i havent had any problems wiht the limit game so

muzungu
04-06-2004, 04:52 AM
J-

Yeah, I'd say the Party NL 100 tables are slightly tougher than a month ago. Just looking at the pot averages this past week, there haven't been nearly as many tables over $100 as there were a few weeks ago. And, yes, I think part of it has to do with the fact that the good players at that level are now playing four tables instead of 3- most tables seem to have a few solid regulars at them.

But this shouldn't be too worrisome. The fish are still out there, but you may have to spend a little more time looking for them, and "slightly tougher than really easy" is still easy. This weekend I sat with two players who blew off $1000+ stacks at that game. Just take more player notes, put a little more effort into table selection, and all will be well.

Cheers,

-muz

Jman
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I've noticed the NL50 and NL100 getting tighter and tougher lately as well. One thing I'm finding is a lot of players are potting their bets killing most draws out there. This didn't used to be the case a few months ago as many severely underbet. Guess learning via osmosis is taking effect...

goodguy_1
04-06-2004, 10:57 AM
this has been going on for the last month-the games have gotten less passive and more tight aggro.You need to pay more attention to the games now.

worst of all it has become harder to stack off pre-flop against weaker hands because da fishies they be learnin.

Games evolve-so must we.

You didnt think this was going to last forver did you?
Still plenty of good games on Party you just need to be a bit more selective!!