PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 Commerce

onegymrat
04-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Nine-handed. Okay game. A couple of tough players but two or three soft spots. UTG, UTG+1 (slightly loose-aggressive lady, she had just open-raised with A-5s and got called down and lost. Overall, a poor player) raises. Two MPs call, button calls. I am in SB and see 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I notice that BB was ready to call the extra bet. I just couldn't resist. I call as does BB and UTG. Seven to the flop for two bets.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The action is checked to UTG+1, but she checks. I am puzzled by this. MP bets. MP2 folds, button calls. I raise to try to isolate. BB and UTG folds. UTG+1 calls two bets cold, MP calls reluctantly and button folds. Looks like I'm clear of any more threes? Three to the turn.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet. Only UTG+1 calls. Headsup to the river.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I did not want to see this card at all. I check as does UTG+1.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Alobar
04-05-2004, 02:58 AM
I hate hands like these. I would prolly call the flop as you're getting close to the odds to hit your set and it's higher than the pair on board. I don't raise here because there is already 2 people in the pot you are in the worst posistion and your hand is very vunerable to overcards and there is a flush draw on board. Not to mention that if someone is slowplaying the 3 you are drawing to 2 outs.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'd love to hear what other people have to say.

Bob T.
04-05-2004, 03:25 AM
I think you won, because your final opponent was the LA UTG player, I think they had two overcards, but fortunately for you neither one was an Ace.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

onegymrat
04-05-2004, 12:14 PM
This was certainly strange from my perspective. I just couldn't figure out why she would not bet the flop and just call me down. From the brief half-hour I played with her, she didn't take her foot off the gas very often. I checked the river, ready to call down expecting a big ace. She checked and showed 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Go figure?! Thanks for responding.