PDA

View Full Version : Party 50/1 KK hand

wizard_1974
04-05-2004, 01:23 AM
I just played the following KK hand on Party. I had no read on any of the players involved.

I would appreciate comments, particularly on my play on the flop and river. Would you have reraised the flop and raised the river?

-------------------------------------

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (22.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 25.25 BB, between Button, UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (25.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 8h 2h (straight, queen high).
Hero shows Kd Ks (straight, king high).
Button shows Qc Ah (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.25 BB. </font>

cold_cash
04-05-2004, 01:40 AM
I would 3-bet the flop for sure. Other than that, I think you played it ok.

The third diamond on the river is scary, but there's probably an argument to be made for throwing in a raise. Kind of a toughie though.

thirddan
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Definitely 3bet this flop...

On the river i really not too worried about a flush since the flop only contained one /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, most likely has a 8/K and you will chop (not sure UTG would lead the river with only an 8), on the river if you and UTG chop then there is no point to raising as Button won't call unless he can beat you and if you flat call Button might overcall...

JDErickson
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
I would have 3 bet the flop. It would give more info on what your pponent in holding.

I would have raised the river and called a 3 bet.

Jim