PDA

View Full Version : 3 mistakes, which was worst?

jt1
04-05-2004, 12:42 AM
I just finished a great day, but it is slightly marred by one terribly played hand that cost me 21 BB (man is that upsetting) i'm playing at regular table with ouly 5 players at party 3-6. Little blind is very aggressive, but not yet pegged as a full fledged maniac. Everyone else is typical.

I have AQh in BB. UTG calls. MP folds , Button raises. LB
re-raises. I cap. (first mistake?) All call.

Flop is Qc 6c 2d. LB checks. I bet. UTG folds. Button raises. LB cold calls. I call. (what in the world? - my only explanation is that i forgot that i had the lead)

Turn is 8c. LB bets. I think and decide to raise to get what may be KK or AA with no club out of the hand. But no, button calls. LB re-raises. I fold. (at this point I am more worried about the button than LB, but I must have forgotten that i gave up the lead on the flop and therefore can't really put him on a hand.)

River is a rag. Button won with a KQ top pair.

Each mistake relates to the other. I guess my question is, is the cap on the flop a bit too much. If I don't cap then I know then I know better what the button has. But if I would have just re-raised him on the flop then his call would have told me that he didn't have an overpair. The fold is bad too, considering the potsize, but say it is the Button who capped on pre-flop and capped a re-raise by me on the flop. Is a fold then acceptable?

My lord, what to do with myself?

Alobar
04-05-2004, 12:53 AM
My pre flop depends on how I view the little blind. You said he is very aggressive, but was he aggresive with crap? Or decent hands? If he was aggresive with crap I call here hoping he bets out the flop and I can raise if I hit my hand. If he was aggressive with good cards and depending on the button I might fold.

Not 3 betting the flop I think was you're biggest mistake.

Thinking that your raise on the turn would fold out a KK or AA was also a mistake I also don't buy the SBs attempt to sell his flush so I would have prolly raised anyway, I would have called him down not folded.

Chaos_ult
04-05-2004, 01:02 AM
I'd agree that not 3-betting the flop was the biggest mistake. You have top pair, top kicker. Not 3 betting the flop is way too passive.