PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a station, how else could I have played it?

rjc199
04-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, BB folds.

*I don't have any reads on this guy. I don't know if I'm ahead. Should I raise to try to knock out CO and BB, and incase my hand is best?

Turn: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

*I have a ton of outs now vs. a pair of kings or two pair

River: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

*I call hoping to see him betting AJ

Is there a better way to play this hand?

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (9.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Kc Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Hero shows Qs Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 9.25 BB. </font>

siccjay
04-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I would have raised him on the flop and seen how he reacts on the turn. If he checks to you, you can take a free card and pray to improve.

thirddan
04-04-2004, 08:05 PM
i would probably raise the flop...if not then i would raise the turn and if don't improve try to take a free showdown by checking through on the river if checked to...

umdpoker
04-04-2004, 09:35 PM
gotta raise the flop to see how much he likes his hand. you have position on him. use it to your advantage. if you are 3-bet, you are in trouble. if he only calls, you might still be behind, but hopefully you got rid of the others in the hand, so you can take a free card and get a cheap showdown. another solution is folding if you know for certain this player will not bet into a preflop raiser without a king. qq is one of those hands you just gotta release from time to time.