PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' party poker and their BS!

cavalier
04-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Chipleader with 3950 with 3 players left and my S&G.

Mysteriously disconnected!

Unable to reconnect to THAT TABLE ONLY! That's right, ANY OTHER TABLE would open fine. Give me a break!

On the phone, watching my stack wind down as I wait to find out why I can't connect to that particular game.

Finally, after a minute of useless automated phone menus, I get to a live guy who tells me that he can give me a server name to go directly to that game.

Well, too FREAKIN' late PartyPoker! My stack is gone, blinded away! Blinded away waiting to get to LIVE HELP!

That server would have been great when I was on hold... or when I was trying to reconnect 20 times or while I was listening to your freakin' phone menus.

Here's some suggestions on how morons can spend your $100K+/hr...

How about, let us short circuit the phone menus when we need IMMEDIATE HELP! There's a great idea... actually provide LIVE HELP when we need it!

How about, let the client have that server name in the title bar, so we don't have to call you and ask your guy something that the client can very easily store for us!

Sorry, had to rant guys... 3rd place is simply BS after I was, once again, outplaying my opponents and headed for another victory when some MYSTERIOUS connecting problem occured between me and my server!

Of course I don't think they have anything against me, but I'm tired of only suffering DISCONNECTIONS when I'm in ( what appears to me as ) a favorable position!

Daliman
04-06-2004, 01:12 AM
I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions. Next time, try shutting down Party poker and restarting it again. One or two tries of this usually does the trick, and it's a MUCH faster and better option than calling support, who take 3 minutes just to get your screenname right.

heyrocker
04-06-2004, 10:24 AM
You know, this is probably the fourth or fifth such message I've read in the last two weeks, and I just have to ask - why in the hell do you people keep playing there? I'm not being a jerk, I am honestly curious. I don't care how soft the players are, is anything worth that kind of crap?

sabre170
04-06-2004, 10:38 AM
What he said!

cavalier
04-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Update :

I wrote e-mail to techsupport, customer service and disconnections at PartyPoker. Basically, I said what I wrote here... that I was upset and I included my two suggestions.

I received a reply from each department apologizing for my problems and saying that they were going to forward to management for review.

This morning, I recieved an e-mail apologizing again and telling me that I was credited $22 ( tourney cost ) despite the fact that I finished in 3rd place and collected $40.

I just want to say I am somewhat satisfied here. Originally, I was working against 2 others for my share of $200 with the chip lead. My equity was $66.67. I ended up with $62 ( $40 + $22 ).

Let's hope they really do implement my suggestions so nobody else has to feel like I did on Sunday. According to the e-mail responses, they are looking into them.