PDA

View Full Version : Proof KJo is A Death Trap

PokerBob
04-04-2004, 06:03 PM
I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.I will never play KJo again.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (21.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ks Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
UTG+1 shows 3s 2s (straight, six high).
MP2 shows 5d 5s (full house, fives full of jacks).
Outcome: MP2 wins 21.50 BB. </font>

Jezebel
04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Bob, that is not a good reason to hate KJ. That could have happened to any two card hand. The problem with KJ can be when you are up against AK, KQ, AJ type hands. Personally, I think KJo gets a bad rap on these boards. I like the hand and make money with it, but there is a time and place to play the hand.

MasterShakes
04-04-2004, 07:13 PM
"Never" playing it again is clearly extreme. It's a valuable hand in shorthanded pots. It was a valuable hand here. Don't be results oriented. If you were beaten by AJ I would agree with what you have said.

arkady
04-04-2004, 07:15 PM
bob,

so lets say you had AJ and that happened, would u never play AJ again?

Warik
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
It's not your fault that UTG+1 and MP2 are too stupid to play their hands correctly... and it's not KJo's fault either.

That being said, I hate KJo too, but it makes me money (and I'm sure it makes you money too), so I'll keep playing it and you probably should too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HajiShirazu
04-04-2004, 07:51 PM
That river 3-bet was really bad, you do know that, right? I mean, thinking about the sort of hands the other two players are likely to have, that jack really isn't likely to have helped you at all. Then again, it's easier to say this after seeing the results, but still...

PokerBob
04-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I agree I played it poorly. The table was so loose and crummy, that the fact that someone may have flopped a set completely slipped my mind.

I realize that one must be careful with KJo. Apparently, I am not careful enough.

Bob T.
04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Silly resolution. All top pair hands lose to sets.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Clarkmeister
04-05-2004, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That river 3-bet was really bad, you do know that, right? I mean, thinking about the sort of hands the other two players are likely to have, that jack really isn't likely to have helped you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god someone said it. Good post.

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-05-2004, 02:51 AM
I had played this for the first 30K hands online anytime I could see it for 2 bets or less. It is a dog for me and I recently stopped playing it, as PT showed I lost more money with this hand than any other (KQo was a close second). The hand won about 25% of the time, but makes too many second best hands, and that cost me dearly.

The hand you posted is NOT, however, the reason not to play KJo, you lost to an inferior hand and a hand you are even money against.

Alobar
04-05-2004, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had played this for the first 30K hands online anytime I could see it for 2 bets or less. It is a dog for me and I recently stopped playing it

[/ QUOTE ] You don't need to stop playing it, just stop playing it in EP or to a raise.
[ QUOTE ]
(KQo was a close second).

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you calling PF raises with this hand too? could be why

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-05-2004, 03:12 AM
Stopped playing it almost entirely unless I could limp in from LP at a weak table, or use it in a steal from the button. I had been calling a raise with in from LP. Not smart.

bernie
04-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Proof that lack of handreading is detrimental to one's bankroll.

Ugly river play.

b

Tosh
04-05-2004, 09:46 AM
KJ is not much of a hand but if you can't play it for profit in these low limit games then you need to work on your play.